Sarsa72

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2017
Pennsylvania
My female pekin duck has tjese on her webbers. I have been putting s thin layer of peroxide on it and cleaning it gently but it has me concerned. I'm still a newbie duck mom, they are 7months old. She doesn't seem to be in pain or anything but still scares me
The male is fine and doesn't look that way. Any idea or tips etc? Their health is my main concern since they are like my babies and part of the family. Thank you all!!!!

Attachments

• 20171122_214111.jpg
    20171122_214111.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171122_214108.jpg
    20171122_214108.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 23
1 get the duck and put a towel over the head to calm it
2 take a Q-tip and rub it
3 pry the crud out and put antibiotic cream on it
4 and put alum if you want to in the holes
5 wait 10 seconds
6 wrap the foot up and let em go

Hope this helps get well soon!!

My female pekin duck has tjese on her webbers. I have been putting s thin layer of peroxide on it and cleaning it gently but it has me concerned. I'm still a newbie duck mom, they are 7months old. She doesn't seem to be in pain or anything but still scares me
The male is fine and doesn't look that way. Any idea or tips etc? Their health is my main concern since they are like my babies and part of the family. Thank you all!!!!

Stop using peroxide, it can harm healthy tissue as well as the bad...

Soak feet in warm epsom salt water and apply clear iodine... do 15-20 min soaks daily until you can gently pry up the scabs and remove any infection kernels... infection in duck feet is usually hard, cheesy whitish/yellowish chunks not liquid pus... keep the duck in clean bedding, and wrap the feet if needed... once infection is out, antibiotic ointment can be applied...

Is it harmful or anything? The wounds?

Cuts and splits happen, but if there is infection, then yes, it *can* be harmful if not treated properly... if left, the infection *could* spread through tissue and even to bone... that's why I said to look for cheesy/hard chunks, and use tweezers to remove any... once removed, the wounds need to be kept clean and they can heal...

Back
Top Bottom