Help Please! Duck is bleeding while hatching

Yeah, Wobbles had some goop on him after his assisted hatch and I used a warm, moist q-tip to gently clean it off. He floofed up in no time after that!

Yeah, Wobbles had some goop on him after his assisted hatch and I used a warm, moist q-tip to gently clean it off. He floofed up in no time after that!
LOL, that's right but if there a Large amount it may need a bath, that stuff gets SOOOOO hard, I mean Hard as a ROCK on there little baby fur.. if he's got some on his chest, then his chest is being compressed which could explain the heavy breathing..

My duck seems to be doing better :) he is chipping alot more, starting to walk around, is dried off (I had to wash some of the stuff off his eye), he has pooped and drain some water from a eye dropper with vitamins in it. I put a towel in the incubator so he has less humidity. He doesn't seem to be shivering anymore. He still has to stop and rest after walking for a little(as seen in the video). I hope that is normal. He has now been out of the shell for 33 hours.

Here he is after 33 hours of being out of his shell. This was taken right after he was walking around and trying to get out :) Hopefully its normal for him to act this way....

0.jpg

Once again I am very grateful for all the help! I greatly appreciate it and have learned a ton! Thank you everyone for helping me do everything I can to try to save him :)

Is it time for him to be in a brooder at 90F? With an unbreakable mirror and a washable stuffed toy for company for now. I wonder if he might be a little lonely.

Do you think he is stable enough to move? I didn't want to add stress right now but im not sure when to move him.

Could you PM casportpony or Lacrystol? I think it may be time to move him to the brooder. Let me check Storey's Guide.

"When ducklings are dry, remove them from the incubator."

Says to have the brooder ready, all warmed up to 90F with nice clean bedding, and the room should be at least 70 degrees F.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom