Help!! Please tell me these are not all cockerels and how to tell?

Nope, the others have mentioned everything there is. Oh, maybe there is something. I didn't see it in any post, but someone might've mentioned it. Learn about sex-specific coloration. For males it's leakage on the wings and shoulders. For the females it's the wild type and its vatiants

Nope, the others have mentioned everything there is. Oh, maybe there is something. I didn't see it in any post, but someone might've mentioned it. Learn about sex-specific coloration. For males it's leakage on the wings and shoulders. For the females it's the wild type and its vatiants
OK, thank you, I will look up specifically what those terms mean. I appreciate it!

OK I’ve been researching trying to find what Wild type and its variants. What does that mean, please? I found the description for the color leakage, so I think I understand that now.

OK I’ve been researching trying to find what Wild type and its variants. What does that mean, please? I found the description for the color leakage, so I think I understand that now.
Red feathering on shoulders almost always means male. Double barring on chickens means male as well. Which pretty much sums up to whiter/lighter barred chickens males. Black feathering around RIR neck means male. Some breeds have specific tales and others have like a universal tell. It’ll take sometime to get the hang of things but if you browse through the gender/breed thread you can learn some tell signs of a cockrel/pullet. My first year raising chickens and I’ve learned so much just interacting/ reading on BYC. Pale pink or no color and small comb up to 14/15 weeks is a good sign that the chickens are pullets some breeds mature faster and will turn red due to hormones around the time they are about to lay like production reds, they can lay as early as 16 weeks.

The wild type is the coloration-pattern you see on phoenix chickens, some gamefowl hens, and a handful of mixes. The color of the hen is exclusive to females. That pattern comes in many forms, such as the silver

Resized_20230709_093524.jpeg
Is this EE a roo then?! This comb development is too much although light pink at 8w.

Back
Top Bottom