Help Sexing..

SassyMustang198

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2015
I have read all that i can read to figure out how to sex. babies. but not sure i'm guessing..but what would this babies sex be.. thanks in advance..

Mom was a pied and dad was an Indian blue.. i'm excited for my baby.. been waiting 10 years to get one..

sorry off topic.. thanks in advance for helping me sex him or her

if other pics are needed just let me know.. she/he gets handled daily and is very docile.

I'm new to peafowl, but from what I've learned so far I'm pretty sure they have to be three or four months old before you can sex them, so I think your little one is too young to tell yet.

oh goody more a surprise i'm totally fine with that.. of course always hoping for a male, but if he/she turns out to be female, i'm totally cool with that too..LOL

and thanks.. for the welcome :)

I have read all that i can read to figure out how to sex. babies. but not sure i'm guessing..but what would this babies sex be.. thanks in advance..

Mom was a pied and dad was an Indian blue.. i'm excited for my baby.. been waiting 10 years to get one..

sorry off topic.. thanks in advance for helping me sex him or her

if other pics are needed just let me know.. she/he gets handled daily and is very docile.

How old is the chick? I would have to guess the chick is around 2 weeks old and I think it looks like the wings are clipped.
I'm new to peafowl, but from what I've learned so far I'm pretty sure they have to be three or four months old before you can sex them, so I think your little one is too young to tell yet.

Actually the youngest age I've been able to sex them accurately is three weeks of age is when I say is the youngest age while being accurate. Though at times when they are a day old you take a guess and sometimes you get lucky and other times not so lucky. I think that peachick is probably around 2 weeks is what I'm going to guess for age.

Last edited:
yes wings are clipped , as she/he was flying up to the top of our fireplace and its over 7' high and hard to get he/she down.. so can still fly just can't get as high anymore..

age i'm guess about 3 weeks.. this would be the 2nd week i've had her/him.. i can ask the breeder on hatch date.

Actually the youngest age I've been able to sex them accurately is three weeks of age is when I say is the youngest age while being accurate. Though at times when they are a day old you take a guess and sometimes you get lucky and other times not so lucky. I think that peachick is probably around 2 weeks is what I'm going to guess for age.

Good to know! How do you sex them so young?

Back
Top Bottom