HELP! WE HAVE A CHIPMUNK HITCH HIKER! (Resolved)

carrottoes

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 1, 2012
Spokane Valley, WA
Yesterday, my family went for a hike up in the mountains. When we were going back, we slowed down to see some birds and a chipmunk, then we kept going. When we got home this chipmunk literally hitch hiked on our mini van! Now we have a chipmunk in our yard. I'm afraid it'll die here or get ate by the chickens. Chipmunks live in the mountains, not the low, valleyish type places. I'd like to know, how can my family catch this rodent to safely return it to the wild?
sad.png
Help would be most appreciated!

i thought chipmunks lived everywhere in the woods, in northeastern U.S. near Pennsylavania, they live everywhere , i didn't think mountains mattered, just find some trees near your yard and adapt it to the enviroment.

If it were me, I would just make sure there was food and water available for him and leave it at that.

Well, thanks everyone. I won't worry anymore, I think our little hitch hiker is making his/her way back home, my family hasn't seen him/her since yesterday. Or the little critter found a tree to live in. Thanks again!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom