help!! what should i do for my 3 year old sons birthday??

fowler_chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
South Western Kansas
My son is turning 3 on July 10th, the problem is that he doesn't really have friends that he play's with, we have a hard time dealing with him in public, even tough i take him to lap sit, the pool, play time in the park and every known kids event around are area.
i know.....at that age a kid wont remember a thing.....but it's his day!! not sure what to do!!! help

Ask him what he wants!
We did an art birthday for my son's 3rd.
He loved it. We painted then played in the sprinkler.
Then had cake!

That is pretty hard. I always have my party with my family members that live nearby. If I did not do that I would probably never have anyone at my b-day parties. I know how it is to have social issues.
Hope you can find a solution .

We always do something as a family, I have no family on my side and my husbands family doesn't seem to want to make time for us so we just focus on " our" family.. When the are three they are simple. As when they get to be teen they want big things lol. There are some neat recipes online for making playdough, that might be something you could do as a family and it is fun for the adults too. Even now my kids love crafts, they help me roll out dough for cookies and there is some recipes for frosting that you use a small paint brush to decorate the cookies.
Also ask him what he wants to do, he might want a special dinner.
You could go out and get a little apron and chef hat for him and let him help with making everything. My daughter loves that. (she's now 10) It is always a big deal to get to help in the kitchen
smile.png

Finger painting party for the family!
O'kay, that was my first choice for my b-day party:) Don't stress too much, just have fun and remember to tell him you are happy to have him so you want to celebrate with a cake and icecream.

one thing i was thinking of doing was taking our family to the water park for the afternoon, the little guy loves to swim. he has play group on his birthday so he and i are going to make cup cake's for that, but i really wanted to do some thing speacil for him, a couple of months ago charlie won a trip in a "LIFE FLIGHT" helicopter but couldn't go because he refused to put on his helmet(plus you couldn't pay me enough to get on that bird) his father working in the field of law inforcment and ems and knowing that our town is having a parade in 2 weeks i was thinking (ok beggin) that charlie might be able to ride in the parade either in a cruiser or the ambulance with his aunt.
i thought of having a painting party too, but his little brother tends to eat every thing in sight.
the other thing i was thinking was just having a bbq and tacking up his pony and doing pony rides with him and his little brother....

The water park Idea is great. If he's not incredibly social (my Husband isn't), then a special trip is perfect.
My oldest turns four in August. I gotta figure out what to do for him.

Let him help you make a cake/pizza/ice cream/pancakes for his day. My daughter's favorite part of her birthday was making her cake and decorating it herself with the most bizarre collections of fixings imaginable. She loved it and was so proud of it. She also helped make her pancakes for breakfast that morning with sprinkles mixed in to make them rainbow pancakes. We made a whole day long affair of it.
Then off to the water park. Come on- we ALL love water parks.
Have fun and Happy b-day to your son!

Back
Top Bottom