Help with sexes please!

tweddle

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 1, 2014
Hi all, I obtained my two beautiful peacocks when they were only a couple of weeks old. I am new to the breed and am hoping someone might be able to help me sex them as I would like to get some more. They are pieds approximately 18 month old. Thanks
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the advice, I really thought the one with more white on her back was a boy cause it displays it's tail quite a lot! Bugger! Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I really thought the one with more white on her back was a boy cause it displays it's tail quite a lot! Bugger! Thanks

Welcome to the Peafowl section! Knowing you have 2 hens and 0 males you will soon be inundated with offers from all of us with extra males!
ep.gif
And that would pretty much be all of us!
lau.gif
Let me start by saying we are in south central PA and have several nice bachelor males to choose from! Seriously though, welcome aboard you have 2 beautiful pied girls there.

You are welcome both males and females displays, my peahens usually displays with they notice a weird visitor in their coop, also 18 months males should have taller tail feathers and more colors, first picture of my pied male when he was 7 months old and second picture is a 10 moths white male displaying:

Oh wow they sure look different to mine! I'm in Australia so unfortunately I'll have to look for a male a bit closer to home! Thanks again

Welcome to the Peafowl section! Knowing you have 2 hens and 0 males you will soon be inundated with offers from all of us with extra males!
ep.gif
And that would pretty much be all of us!
lau.gif
Let me start by saying we are in south central PA and have several nice bachelor males to choose from! Seriously though, welcome aboard you have 2 beautiful pied girls there.
Also since they are 18 months this means they will start laying soon and since breeding season is already here maybe if he got a peacock soon he will get some peachicks this season
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom