Help with sick turkey

necie1975

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
I have a male turkey that is 3 months old. He started acting confused and just not right 3 days ago. I had to pick him up to put him in his pen that afternoon. The next day I checked on him and he was just laying in his house, so I started trying to give him the electrolyte water. I ended up bringing him in the house and put him in a very large box so I could make him drink. He still is not wanting to eat or drink. I am giving him a medicine dropper full on water every hour and i am also getting about a tsp on yogurt in him 3 to 4 times a day. All he wants to do is sleep but he has started standing up, but still just wanting to sleep. He doesnt walk around or want to do anything. Im not sure what I should do, nor do I know what is wrong with him.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

What color and consistency are his poops?

I suspect it's possibly blackhead but most people note the poops when so... There's a few things it could be, the color etc of his poop will either show it's BH or rule it out, most likely.

Best wishes.

I have a male turkey that is 3 months old.  He started acting confused and just not right 3 days ago.  I had to pick him up to put him in his pen that afternoon.  The next day I checked on him and he was just laying in his house, so I started trying to give him the electrolyte water.  I ended up bringing him in the house and put him in a very large box so I could make him drink.  He still is not wanting to eat or drink.  I am giving him a medicine dropper full on water every hour and i am also getting about a tsp on yogurt in him 3 to 4 times a day.  All he wants to do is sleep but he has started standing up, but still just wanting to sleep.  He doesnt walk around or want to do anything.  Im not sure what I should do, nor do I know what is wrong with him.    

Check this thread out it may save your guy!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/134230/hope-this-saves-a-turkey-from-blackhead

It is yellow ish and runny

Yep, blackhead is almost certain then. Yellow and runny poop is an advanced blackhead symptom.

Time is of the essence now. What treatment you choose is up to you, some recommend antibiotics but I use natural therapies.

Best wishes, hope you succeed.

Back
Top Bottom