Help!!!

Awesome
1f60a.png
1f44d.png
go You! and go BYC!

Ok... Step by step what I did...
First and foremost when the chickens appeared sick, I cleaned and sanitized the coop the best I could. (Even moved the coop as ours is moveable) treated the ground where they were with a bleach solution. (1/2 cup bleach to 5 gallons of water)

1. Many chickens had pale combs. The next day 3 were dead. (Would have skipped this. But was told by farm store employee I'd kill my chickens if I went straight to corid.) Tetracycline for 5 days. Chickens perked up but still pale combs.

2. Day 5 another chicken died. Got corid. After 12 hours most chickens combs began to get their color back.(Concerned about good gut bacteria I fed a mush of yogurt cornmeal & rolled oats. They ate their fill slept nicely & the following morning so full of energy.)
After a full 48 hours. I didn't want to mix meds so I replaced the corid water with Wazine water for the first time worming.

3. (After I was sure every chicken had the right amount of wormer.) I cleaned the water-er mixed the Corid back into the water.

4. I moistened bread with B complex and gave as a treat.

Today, all color in the combs have returned. And the chickens are their spunky selves.

Last edited:
I have a silkie just hatched and there was a trail of blood. The silmie has a bit of like umbilical cord hanging from it, I know it will dry up but why the blood, it hatched normal and the chick is living and seems to be ok,its not bleeding. What happened? The chick is tired of course but living.

Hi, Jessie22!

I would create a new thread and post a photo if you can of your chick and its belly.

Creating a new thread with its own title will allow people to come and help you, so we don't end up hi-jacking someone else's thread. :)

MrsB

Back
Top Bottom