Help!

We’re planning on necropsy but they’re not open until Tuesday. Now not sure how to preserve until then, it’s a long time.

I’m so sorry😢 I have owned and currently have golden comets they are such sweet birds as I’m sure yours was❤️ the only downside to getting them is that because they have such a high egg production they are prone to various diseases and have a very short life span. Most golden comets start to decline and die around three years of age. I haven’t had one live longer than five. I while suspect yours suffered from reproductive issues.

I’m so sorry😢 I have owned and currently have golden comets they are such sweet birds as I’m sure yours was❤️ the only downside to getting them is that because they have such a high egg production they are prone to various diseases and have a very short life span. Most golden comets start to decline and die around three years of age. I haven’t had one live longer than five. I while suspect yours suffered from reproductive issues.
She was awesome. Definitely a sweet one and a family favorite with how friendly she was.

We’re planning on necropsy but they’re not open until Tuesday. Now not sure how to preserve until then, it’s a long time.
I'm sorry for your loss.

To help preserve the body, keep it cool/cold, not frozen. Wrapping in plastic and refrigerating is one way to do this.
Other methods are using a cooler with ice packs or even a box lined with insulation.

Call your state lab, if you were going to drop the body off personally, someone may be there to receive it and they have a way of storing it for you. Even on holidays.

This may not be something you are up to, but if you feel the body will not last that length of time, you can do your own informal investigation. Sometimes you will find something obvious. If that's something you decide to do, post photos we will try to help you with what you see.

Back
Top Bottom