Chickenslol

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
idk man, no clue
Really need some clear answers for this one.

I have three, week and a half buff orphinton chicks in where two of the chicks are shaking their heads every five-fifteen seconds. First it was one, now it’s two. No other symptoms of any disease, balance intact, no mites or other runny eyes and such. Don’t want to call a vet office at this point. They shake mostly when falling asleep.

here’s an exact video of what’s happening currently, very worried. We have three other light brown leghorns and they aren’t doing this at all, I would really appreciate any and all help I could get for this. Thanks!!

Welcome to BYC!
You need to upload your video to Youtube first...can you?

Really need some clear answers for this one.

I have three, week and a half buff orphinton chicks in where two of the chicks are shaking their heads every five-fifteen seconds. First it was one, now it’s two. No other symptoms of any disease, balance intact, no mites or other runny eyes and such. Don’t want to call a vet office at this point. They shake mostly when falling asleep.

here’s an exact video of what’s happening currently, very worried. We have three other light brown leghorns and they aren’t doing this at all, I would really appreciate any and all help I could get for this. Thanks!!
Welcome To BYC

Can you post the video? Upload to youtube and provide a link.

They shake all day, but mostly more when falling asleep. I wouldn’t worry as much if it didn’t look like it was waking them up and making it harder to fall asleep

We are using pine feed and a generic 20% chicken starter. Nothing in the beaks unfortunately. This is our second round of chicks now that the first ones are full grown and the others never had this problem
I just watched your video: As you were holding your arm around them you might have been breathing on them, so your breath when leaning over the brooder will reach them and make their baby fluff move and they will shake their heads.

Did you inspect them closely for lice?
Do they scratch their heads with their feet?

I just watched your video: As you were holding your arm around them you might have been breathing on them, so your breath when leaning over the brooder will reach them and make their baby fluff move and they will shake their heads.

Did you inspect them closely for lice?
Do they scratch their heads with their feet?
Unfortunately that isn’t my video, I just found it online and it’s exactly what is happening, however due to covid I had a person over to meet the chicks and while using masks they still shook their heads, so it’s not a breath thing. No sign of lice, and I only see a minimal amount of scratching, about the same as usual

Back
Top Bottom