Hen bleeding from feathers around neck, but no breakage.

BrahmaMom1797

Songster
May 18, 2017
Hey all.
I have a year old sultan hen who just recently started having some feather loss issues around her neck and upon inspection today these odd pin growths have started to bleed. There’s no bullying type wounds, it all seems to be just from these odd pin feathers. I’m really wondering what in the world Is happening to her.
While I’ve seen similar issues with two of my past birds, a silkie rooster and a silkie sebright frizzle, I haven’t seen anything like this.
It’s worrying because the last similar issue I had with the silkie and silkie mix was them dying randomly due to why seemed like heart failure, but those two were “father and daughter” so I suspected it was something hereditary, this sultan isn’t related at all.
I’ll post pictures of this phenomenon.
Thank you so much for you help.
E6351CF5-E6BB-4AA5-BF33-645CA42B4497.jpeg
4775ABC9-B456-496C-B801-178B22EE15EA.jpeg
5D6D4CC2-F67C-4328-9CCF-2B8EF7A1AA47.jpeg

Some bird/birds in the flock are feather pecking/plucking her. You may have to separate her until the pin feathers mature completely.
I was thinking that, but I never see her get picked on much. Thank you for the advice, I’ll keep an eye on her and get her separated. She got cleaned up and got some blue coat on so I’m hoping that will help her out too.
Love my birds but they are little monsters.

Back
Top Bottom