Hen Contest #2

Pics
We get temps down in the -20* here and have had a few nights like that already this winter, they do fine with a good coop.  Have a bit of a harder time with the frizzles but they have done well too, I am sure they don't like it but they are still doing well.  Have to watch there crest feathers getting frozen with ice though.  I live in south central Oregon, in the high desert area.

We get to -20 on cold nights only about two super cold nights so far this winter. I live in Minnesota, my black crested white did okay I guess, they don't have big combs or wattles that freeze easy. She would rub her head on the kinds of waterers we have though and it got a little dirty. I don't have any frizzles, of any breed, they're so strange, you have to pet them backwards. :p

Oops sorry, no conversations on this thread, just hen pics right?

Last edited:
Well, I might as well post another hen.

Sweetie, Pullet, nine months.
Mom is mottled Cochin bantam, Dot.
Father is buff brahma bantam, Pumpkin.
Both parents have orange eyes but Sweetie and her brother have green eyes.

Sweetie and her brother (sorry don't judge the roo :p)

I just had to share this pic of when they're chicks.
1f49c.png

Last edited:
We get temps down in the -20* here and have had a few nights like that already this winter, they do fine with a good coop. Have a bit of a harder time with the frizzles but they have done well too, I am sure they don't like it but they are still doing well. Have to watch there crest feathers getting frozen with ice though. I live in south central Oregon, in the high desert area.
whoa!
won rainy days, my polish are the only chickies out in the rain!
from my research, the farthest back humans can trace their (the polish chicken's) origins are to the netherlands,

We get temps down in the -20* here and have had a few nights like that already this winter, they do fine with a good coop. Have a bit of a harder time with the frizzles but they have done well too, I am sure they don't like it but they are still doing well. Have to watch there crest feathers getting frozen with ice though. I live in south central Oregon, in the high desert area.
whoa!
won rainy days, my polish are the only chickies out in the rain!
from my research, the farthest back humans can trace their (the polish chicken's) origins are to the netherlands

Well, I might as well post another hen.

Sweetie, Pullet, nine months.
Mom is mottled Cochin bantam, Dot.
Father is buff brahma bantam, Pumpkin.
Both parents have orange eyes but Sweetie and her brother have green eyes.

Sweetie and her brother (sorry don't judge the roo
tongue.png
)

I just had to share this pic of when they're chicks.
1f49c.png
gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom