Hen cries since rooster is gone

NewlyHatched

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Utah
We had to take a rooster to IFA today because we couldn't keep him. Well, he was raised with a chicken that turned out to be a hen and now she crying and I feel awful. They both cried for each other. Will she get over it or should she have went with him? I hated to separate them but he had to go. Help!!

This sounds like something from Maury or something. Desperate Chickenwives! :lol:

Awww that makes me so sad.
sad.png
Just an assumption, I think she'll get better after a while.

Last edited:
No, we have six now. It's just that the other hens are about 2 months older. She seems to be ok though. The older ones are being very kind to her, which is unlike them. I'm grateful for that and hoping she bonds with them over time.

Chickens are surprisingly adaptable. I wouldn't worry about her at all - particularly since you know the others are kind to her.
I had a hen once that crowed a couple of times after the rooster left. She was back to normal the next day. ;)

Thank you Shellz. She seems to be okay now. Just a little trouble keeping up with her having her gorgeous houdan head dress and all. I do hope she'll come to me now, since the other girls are so trusting of me.

No, we have six now. It's just that the other hens are about 2 months older. She seems to be ok though. The older ones are being very kind to her, which is unlike them. I'm grateful for that and hoping she bonds with them over time.
That's good! After some time they will all meld into one happy flock and I'm sure she'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom