Hen-on-nest dishes

19130_100_1548.jpg

19130_100_1552.jpg

the one on the left is the old one the right is a copy

19130_100_1551.jpg

Quote:
Thank you! My bid is in. I don't really lust after the glass ones in that offering, but the metal one with the spoon, yeah, you're right!

haha yeah the glass ones arent that great but I just love that little metal one with the spoon!

Wow, I have never seen those before and I am a flea market junkie. Guess I just wasn't looking in the right places. Those look beautiful. I love the plum colored one especially. Great display, hope you get the little guy!

Got outbid on it. Not willing to go up. Oh well.

I've got my eye on some others, though.

I have learned a lot about 'em, too! The best large ones have a "split" tail instead of the single "fin" type.

I brought a clear glass one, large, with the split tail, to work for a candy dish in my cubicle, so it's not in the cabinet.

Oh wow. You have a beautiful collection. Your display is so cool looking. I have been collecting them for several years now. The most expensive one I paid for was $30 a couple of years ago. Look for Westmoreland and Fenton brands and those are the ones collectors go for. I have one that is hand painted and it was going on
E-Bay for $100.00. Its a Westmoreland. If I can find the time I will get some pics for you to see of mine.

Back
Top Bottom