Hen or Roo (Easter Egger, 12 weeks old)

Okay guys. I got a close up of Parsnip this morning. Do we still think pullet?

View attachment 3492588
At 12 wks, not sure. I've had pullets pink up a bit around that time, depending on their genetics. Not obviously a cockerel here. Little to no waddle development is a good sign pointing towards hen, but looks like there's been a fair amount of comb growth from 10-12 weeks.

Can you get a side shot of her in natural light with good focus? Trying to look at the shape of her saddle and hackle feathers. If she's got male shaped feathers then she is male. Otherwise, wait for an egg.

At 12 wks, not sure. I've had pullets pink up a bit around that time, depending on their genetics. Not obviously a cockerel here. Little to no waddle development is a good sign pointing towards hen, but looks like there's been a fair amount of comb growth from 10-12 weeks.

Can you get a side shot of her in natural light with good focus? Trying to look at the shape of her saddle and hackle feathers. If she's got male shaped feathers then she is male. Otherwise, wait for an egg.
I finally have a better picture. What do we think? Still haven't heard Parsnip crow.

Attachments

• 20230520_090744.jpg
    20230520_090744.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 19
I have heard sad attempts at crowing when inside my house, but there are 3 confirmed roos so without seeing them there's no telling who it was lol. I'm glad to know that several folks think Parsnip is a hen. She's my favorite and I'm hoping for bright blue eggs since her legs are bright blue. 🤞
The leg color doesn’t designate egg color. Ear color does.

Back
Top Bottom