henny1129's Chat Thread! Anyone welcome!

Nice. I think Old Dominion was at our fair last year, but we didn't go to see them. Matt Maher is going to be there this year (Christian singer). Last year it was Francesca Battistelli :love

Cool! I love Old Dominion! :love I've heard of Matt Maher before, but not Francesca Battistelli....I just looked her up though. :)
I really like to play along with FB's (Francesca Battistelli) music. There's a wide variety of what you can do with each song because I can play an octave above or the same octave. (On violin). One of my favorites is "Beautiful, Beautiful" from her. Or "Write your Story", not to mention others...
She sang "The best day of my life" at our fair. Loved it, but she doesn't have a recording out of it I don't think :idunno

I really like to play along with FB's (Francesca Battistelli) music. There's a wide variety of what you can do with each song because I can play an octave above or the same octave. (On violin). One of my favorites is "Beautiful, Beautiful" from her. Or "Write your Story", not to mention others...
She sang "The best day of my life" at our fair. Loved it, but she doesn't have a recording out of it I don't think :idunno

That's cool! The violin seems like a very interesting instrument to me. I play the trombone and would really like to learn how to play some country music on it so I think I'll work on that over the summer.

I have a lot of plans for Summertime...
*break my mini horse fo the cart and bombproof him a bit
*learn some new songs ont eh violin
*volunteering, etc.

I looked at a nearby horse summer camp, but mom says she thinks it would be "beneath me", but IDK. I don't think I'll go to it either way, but thought it was neat that it is so close to us...

*volunteering, etc.

I looked at a nearby horse summer camp, but mom says she thinks it would be "beneath me", but IDK. I don't think I'll go to it either way, but thought it was neat that it is so close to us...

That's cool! At the place where I ride we're trying to break the mini horse for the cart too.
Other plans/goals for the summer are:
~Spend lots of time with my chickens
~Swim a lot
~Get my goats looking great for fair
~My mom is the head advisor of a 4-H club so I'll be helping lots of 4-H members
~4-H Camp
~Catch a pig at the Catch-A-Pig contest at the fair :lol:
~Volunteering
~Go for runs
There's probably more that I'm forgetting.......but yeah those are some plans. :)

*volunteering, etc.

That's cool! At the place where I ride we're trying to break the mini horse for the cart too.
Other plans/goals for the summer are:
~Spend lots of time with my chickens
~Swim a lot
~Get my goats looking great for fair
~My mom is the head advisor of a 4-H club so I'll be helping lots of 4-H members
~4-H Camp
~Catch a pig at the Catch-A-Pig contest at the fair :lol:
~Volunteering
~Go for runs
There's probably more that I'm forgetting.......but yeah those are some plans. :)

Sounds like you'll be really busy too!
Hey! It looks quite busy here already! Can you fit another member?
:frow

Crow (Sumatra hen) is picking on my silkie hen. Any tips? Silkie is scared of her....

Hey! It looks quite busy here already! Can you fit another member?

Of course! The more the merrier!

Sounds like you'll be really busy too!
:frow

Crow (Sumatra hen) is picking on my silkie hen. Any tips? Silkie is scared of her....

Hmm....I'm not sure, I don't have experience with either breed. Maybe just spray the Silkie with tea tree oil, which is supposed to taste bad to other chickens. Good luck!

And yeah, pretty busy summer! :)

Hi, guys! It's been SOOOOOOO busy here!
frow.gif

I wish I could give you some good advice, Isabel, but I don't know what I would do.
hu.gif
The last hen we had that picked incessantly was a RIR, and she's gone to another home now because she tore a huge hole in Alex's back.
hit.gif
Bali (our Black Sumatra) is a bit of a pick, but not excessively.

~Alex

I think I have an idea... when I took my one silkie out for bumblefoot treatment, they must have re-sorted the pecking order out with the one silkie ending up on bottom. I think if I take crow out for a few days, then reintroduce her, theyll have to sort out the pecking order again and maybe the silkies will end up back on top. Might work... worst that could go wrong is the silkie still gets picked on. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom