Henrietta's Little Diary. R.I.P (Now a raising baby birds and tips thread)

Is Henrietta Jr. CUTE?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • YES

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have some sad news.

My darling Henrietta left us this evening. Her leg was getting worse and worse every day so God decided to take her with him. I will never forget you Henrietta. You taught me a lesson that will never forget. You gave me hope, joy, peace, love, happiness and you gave me you. R.I.P My baby girl. Your heart is with God. Tomorrow we will give you a proper burial. I will never forget you

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Stay happy and healthy little robin!
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Ohhh no I didn't, I'm sorry. :hit You did your best taking care of her. :hugs

I rescued two Cardinal eggs last year. I saw the mama bird making the nest, and she had been sitting on it for 9 days. I had to guard her from our cats that were really interested in eating her. The nest was about 5 feet up on a small tree and I knew that the noisy babies would never surrvive with the cats around. So I made an incubator with a heating pad in a small basket that had little holes in it and a lid. I put a wet sponge in there and a blanket to cover the whole thing. I put the eggs in there and incubated them for the last 3 days. A good thing too, because a huge storm hit soon afterwards.

I candled them and saw the babies stuffed in their eggs wiggling in the little space they had left. On the night of the second day, I saw small cracks on both eggs. In the morning, there was a hole in both eggs and the eggs were hopping. I could also hear peeps. Soon, the pink featherless babies were both out of their shells, and demanded food right away. I fed them baby birds food every 15 minutes from 8:00am to 8:00pm. I barley had any time to eat, let alone do anything else. They didn't like when I was late, so I tried to avoid that. I named them Chase and Cherry because I always know when an animal is a boy or a girl. ;)

Sadly, Chase died on his 3rd day of life. I was so scared that I would lose the other one too, and I was afraid I was doing something wrong. Somehow I found the courage to keep feeding the one little blind baby. On her sixth day, she finally opened up her eyes, and looked up at me. She died that day, but I was so happy that she at least got to her sixth day, and opened her eyes. I greatly respect mama birds and the time and care they put into raising their young. I did my best, but I could never replace a mamma bird.
2764.png

Last edited:
I rescued two Cardinal eggs last year. I saw the mama bird making the nest, and she had been sitting on it for 9 days. I had to guard her from our cats that were really interested in eating her. The nest was about 5 feet up on a small tree and I knew that the noisy babies would never surrvive with the cats around. So I made an incubator with a heating pad in a small basket that had little holes in it and a lid. I put a wet sponge in there and a blanket to cover the whole thing. I put the eggs in there and incubated them for the last 3 days. A good thing too, because a huge storm hit soon afterwards.

I candled them and saw the babies stuffed in their eggs wiggling in the little space they had left. On the night of the second day, I saw small cracks on both eggs. In the morning, there was a hole in both eggs and the eggs were hopping. I could also hear peeps. Soon, the pink featherless babies were both out of their shells, and demanded food right away. I fed them baby birds food every 15 minutes from 8:00am to 8:00pm. I barley had any time to eat, let alone do anything else. They didn't like when I was late, so I tried to avoid that. I named them Chase and Cherry because I always know when an animal is a boy or a girl.
wink.png

Sadly, Chase died on his 3rd day of life. I was so scared that I would lose the other one too, and I was afraid I was doing something wrong. Somehow I found the courage to keep feeding the one little blind baby. On her sixth day, she finally opened up her eyes, and looked up at me. She died that day, but I was so happy that she at least got to her sixth day, and opened her eyes. I greatly respect mama birds and the time and care they put into raising their young. I did my best, but I could never replace a mamma bird.
2764.png

Thats so sweet!

I rescued two Cardinal eggs last year. I saw the mama bird making the nest, and she had been sitting on it for 9 days. I had to guard her from our cats that were really interested in eating her. The nest was about 5 feet up on a small tree and I knew that the noisy babies would never surrvive with the cats around. So I made an incubator with a heating pad in a small basket that had little holes in it and a lid. I put a wet sponge in there and a blanket to cover the whole thing. I put the eggs in there and incubated them for the last 3 days. A good thing too, because a huge storm hit soon afterwards. I candled them and saw the babies stuffed in their eggs wiggling in the little space they had left. On the night of the second day, I saw small cracks on both eggs. In the morning, there was a hole in both eggs and the eggs were hopping. I could also hear peeps. Soon, the pink featherless babies were both out of their shells, and demanded food right away. I fed them baby birds food every 15 minutes from 8:00am to 8:00pm. I barley had any time to eat, let alone do anything else. They didn't like when I was late, so I tried to avoid that. I named them Chase and Cherry because I always know when an animal is a boy or a girl. ;) Sadly, Chase died on his 3rd day of life. I was so scared that I would lose the other one too, and I was afraid I was doing something wrong. Somehow I found the courage to keep feeding the one little blind baby. On her sixth day, she finally opened up her eyes, and looked up at me. She died that day, but I was so happy that she at least got to her sixth day, and opened her eyes. I greatly respect mama birds and the time and care they put into raising their young. I did my best, but I could never replace a mamma bird.
2764.png
Thats so sweet!
Thank you.
2764.png
Birdies are the best!
263a.png

I have some sad news.

My darling Henrietta left us this evening. Her leg was getting worse and worse every day so God decided to take her with him. I will never forget you Henrietta. You taught me a lesson that will never forget. You gave me hope, joy, peace, love, happiness and you gave me you. R.I.P My baby girl. Your heart is with God. Tomorrow we will give you a proper burial. I will never forget you

Oh no! :hit I'm so sorry lily! I know that can be very hard. :hugs But God didn't cause her to die. God cares for us, he's not the cause of our suffering. How could a loving God be responsible for all of the stuff happening in this world? The bible says the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. Which is Satan. That verse is at 1 John 5:19. I hope this helps you in some way. I'm so sorry for your loss again. :hugs

There's a nest of sparrows (I think?) In our shed! There's three or four babies! They are growing SO fast! They're already feathered out and hey JUST hatched last week!

Cool! They do grow REALLY fast. I got to watch a wood pecker make its nest in a big dead tree that's next to my coop. It was there pecking every day for a few weeks, then it started sitting on the nest for some time. I think only one hatched. I got to see the parents going back and forth feeding the super loud baby, until it fledged the nest. It flys around the area and the parents are feeding it still. It still makes baby noises. :)

Back
Top Bottom