Hens that keep laying until the day they die? Say hi to the Deathlayer!

Would you be interested in purchasing the "Deathlayer" (Westfaliche Totleger)?

• Yes, yes, yes!!

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • I don't think so

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Honestly, I'm undecided

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters
Least hardy breed I’ve ever had. Got 11 and all but 2 died. Of course they are two roosters. Definitely a smaller breed. Would come up lame all the time, like a broken wing, then a few days later die. At around 2 months old. Raised with a bunch of other chicks and the other chicks from other breeds did fine.

Nice gimmick. Lay until they die. Sounds more like die before they lay.Wish people would stop supporting the fad breed importers and pyramid scheme feather peddlers and work with rare breeds that we already have that are in the hands of breeders that have dedicated a lifetime to breed preservation.

I know this is an old thread but after reading the more recent comments I figure I'd chime in.

We hatched 8 golden Deathlayers in September, sold 1 rooster around 2 months old and the other 7 are still going strong at 4 months old. The 3 roosters are starting to hold their ground to protect the pullets and other hens of different breeds. The 4 DL pullets haven't started laying yet but have really turned red in the face over the last couple weeks and are mature enough to attract the young mating roosters so we anticipate eggs in the near future.

Hopefully progress continues and we have 4 more layers in the near future paying rent!

I bought 15 from Bresse Farms two years ago, and since I gave him two good reviews he owes me 3 chicks; since I bought a whole order of Deathlayers from him on top of the other chicks I bought from him he said the three he owes me would be Deathlayers...

And after two years I still haven't received them!

Last year he kept telling me that he'd definitely send them, but nothing.

This year...

I found the other half of the Postal Money Order a couple days ago, and I'm charging him with mail fraud.

I bought 15 from Bresse Farms two years ago, and since I gave him two good reviews he owes me 3 chicks; since I bought a whole order of Deathlayers from him on top of the other chicks I bought from him he said the three he owes me would be Deathlayers...

And after two years I still haven't received them!

Last year he kept telling me that he'd definitely send them, but nothing.

This year...

I found the other half of the Postal Money Order a couple days ago, and I'm charging him with mail fraud.
Bit confused, why would you giving good reviews mean free chicks?

Foxfire farms in ID sells GF deathlayer line eggs and chicks. Ebay.
Yes they do! That's where I purchased my Golden DL eggs late last year. After ordering 6+ I received 9 fertile eggs and 8 of them made it to hatching day. I sold one rooster and still have 3 roosters and 4 hens. My first hen just started laying 3 days ago.

Jacin, the first batch of chicks he sent me came on time and they were all healthy.

After I bought the Deathlayers, I also bought two more batches of Bresse and Dwarfs, because I wanted to sell rare chicks at the Farmers Market; and we had been negotiating for deals since I was buying so many: so he knows why I bought so many chicks.

And he deliberately Shanghaied a sizable investment from me, without replacing any of the dead chicks either; which he guarantees to do!

But he didn't send any Dwarfs, they didn't come on time, they all died slowly from the stress of arriving late, he used the same permit on both of those orders and used up my one warning from the Post Master (so if there's ever another permit issue, they'll send my chick back), and the Post Master told him not to ship anymore chicks on weeks with holidays; so if he shipping anyone else chicks on holidays...

After the batch died from being late, the next batch arrived on Thanksgiving, with a forged permit!

He's already been warned about fraudulent permits, and dying chicks that the Post Master had to call me to pick up on Thanksgiving.

You pay for insurance, but you don't get anything for it. They buy the dead chicks, and he keeps the money. He told me that 10 boxes of chicks died on Thanksgiving.

He collected the insurance, but he still owes me 3 orders of chicks, for going on 3 years now.

And it looks like I might only have enough evidence to charge him with one count of Mail fraud.

Jacin, the first batch of chicks he sent me came on time and they were all healthy.

After I bought the Deathlayers, I also bought two more batches of Bresse and Dwarfs, because I wanted to sell rare chicks at the Farmers Market; and we had been negotiating for deals since I was buying so many: so he knows why I bought so many chicks.

And he deliberately Shanghaied a sizable investment from me, without replacing any of the dead chicks either; which he guarantees to do!

But he didn't send any Dwarfs, they didn't come on time, they all died slowly from the stress of arriving late, he used the same permit on both of those orders and used up my one warning from the Post Master (so if there's ever another permit issue, they'll send my chick back), and the Post Master told him not to ship anymore chicks on weeks with holidays; so if he shipping anyone else chicks on holidays...

After the batch died from being late, the next batch arrived on Thanksgiving, with a forged permit!

He's already been warned about fraudulent permits, and dying chicks that the Post Master had to call me to pick up on Thanksgiving.

You pay for insurance, but you don't get anything for it. They buy the dead chicks, and he keeps the money. He told me that 10 boxes of chicks died on Thanksgiving.

He collected the insurance, but he still owes me 3 orders of chicks, for going on 3 years now.

And it looks like I might only have enough evidence to charge him with one count of Mail fraud.
Ahh, okay, my bad, that makes much more sense

Chicks were dead and dropping, and I was sending him pictures...

Then last year when I wanted them replaced, and the Deathlayers, he asked me to tell him all about it; and I had to relive both of those nightmares; and he "forgot" about the three extra Deathlayers he owed me for the good review.

Then he led me on for 6 months, blew me off, blocked my texts, and my ability to leave another review on his site.

I've been looking for that Postal Money Order receipt since I talked to him last January, when he started acting country stupid, with his Mississippi accent.

I finally found it! :)

Back
Top Bottom