Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Jeffers pets online, and eBay both are good sources for bulk grogel. I hope the goslings arrive this morning and are fine. So nerve racking to have lives go missing. We had adult Sebastopols go 3 hours south of us and 6 call ducks go "missing" in Orlando at the airport. My express driver went over found the box and brought them our way.

If you need andor want blue fawn call ducks, we sold our breeders to DutchChic here on BYC. She is in OK and will be getting them next week. Another good source would be Jesse Paul here in FL. He has a number of colors all high quality.

Out smarted the crows finally, and starting to get SA eggs again. Was really getting peeved at the egg loss to the black bandits around here.

Still have 4/5 growing strong from you. Can't wait to hatch them out.

Oh, by the way if you have an iPhone you can get the USPS ap and track all incoming and outgoing boxes from your phone with one tap. It even has a scanner built in. I scan the DC ticket and then label it with egg type and where from or to. Nice little ap to help when shipping lots of eggs or lives.

Cool I do have an iPhone...will get that right now. I'll order some more grogel today. Yes I'd love to get some more calls. I got rid of everything except 3 whites and one snowy last fall due to divorce and now the kids want to start showing again so I'm jumping back in. I haven't had blue fawns before...would love to get some. I just got a pair of Silver Appleyard calls today. They were always my favorite. I had butters and pastels too.

Highly reccomend Jesse and his birds. We bought grey, blue fawn, and whites from him. All very high quality. His kids all handle and show poultry also. They do Wyandottes in all colors and call ducks that's it. I noticed at Jeffers today if you order chick waterers of any size they ship grogel for free with them.

Can you give me his contact info or send him mine? Also, I'll look at that store. I need to find a better way to water the goslings since they try and swim in the waterers we have now.

Good morning, all. Today is day 27 with my utility toulouse & african eggs. Air cells started to dramatically dip in the last 24 hours. I see membrane pulsing up back and lots of rocking this morning, but no shadows yet. I plan to move them to hatcher tomorrow morning for lockdown. Hopefully, they will be right on schedule for a day 30 hatch.
big_smile.png

Ok...I'm confused about the whole "lock down" procedure. If I'm understanding correctly, Pete's guide is saying he moves them once they begin to pip. I have seen others say they move them at day 25, then others when they see dipping and the chick is in position. I'm confused! lol. This is my first experience hatching anything (and yes...I started with geese! hehe) and I just want to make it go as smoothly as possible. I don't want to be the cause of death for my babies. I'm not stressing too much or anything, just want to try and find out what works best. My oldest egg is at 20 days now, so we're getting closer and closer!

Thanks for any input. You guys have been very helpful and are assisting in (hopefully) making my first hatch a successful one
big_smile.png

igotgoosed... day 25 is typically the day that duck babies will begin internally pipping. Since a lot of people are not confident with candling and verifying internal pip, it is easier to just lockdown on that date. Goose eggs take 30-31 days to hatch and internal pipping occurs closer to day 28. So, if you are unsure about verifying internal pip, lock down on that date. But don't lock goose eggs down on day 25.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom