Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

we lost that egg
hit.gif
still have 6 more and they are dipping
pop.gif

Yay! I guess I'm halfway through now my current goose hatch! I've got still in the running 2 giant toulouse (probobly grey) from Erin, 7 buff giant toulouse dewlap (!!!) and 2 grey giant toulouse dewlap. Remember the six eggs a lady I bought eggs from accidentlally shipped me the day after shipping my order?(Ians friend Carolle?) Well, I ordered 4 buffs, and she sent an extra. The next day she shipped me (accidentally) 4 more buffs and 2 greys! LOL So I've got 11 goose eggs halfway there, and I'm as happy as a fat rat in a cheese factory. Oh, and I'm getting this weeks sebbie eggs from a lady here that Celtic got eggs from. I got myself on the end of the list a week or two ago, and she's still laying, so 3 more sebbies maybe!
Your gonna have a pretty bunch of babies soon... might have to arrage a visit to your house
wink.png

ya.gif

Tomorrow will be day 25 on mine. Starting to get more and more nervous the closer I get. I haven't had any problems incubating geese, but haven't had any hatch yet so I hope this guy(GIRL) doesn't have any problems.

only a day behind ours... hope both hatches go good
fl.gif

we lost that egg
hit.gif
still have 6 more and they are dipping
pop.gif

I just hope they wait till at least Sunday to get interesting
hmm.png

Glad to hear the other eggs are dipping. Soon, we'll be back to haching as usual. What will we talk about this summer? Lets agree to keep posting pics of the transformation into adulthood, and what we learn along the way.

Hey guys, thought I'd pop in to say hello. Hubby reports that all is well with our 4 African babies living 24/7 free ranging with their new gander "dad" and the other gander. He also told me that a pair of wild Canadian geese have decided to join our flock! I can't wait to get home to see that!

Barley is throwing hissy fits every couple of hours, but he should be fine until I get home tomorrow night. Can't wait to check my 5 buff eggs when I get back as it will be day 5. Also should have my 4 Cayuga eggs waiting for me to set. And I still have 6 grey dewlaps going strong on day 17. :)

Glad everyone's eggs are doing well. Will be fun to see all the new babies when they hatch. I too hope that once goose hatching season is over that we stay in touch to see how our babies grow up.

I haven't updated in awhile but I had 5 grey pom eggs due yesterday. Of them 3 hatched. Two were backwards...lost one of them through the night. The other one is still holding on and I hope will be ok by the time I get off work and back home.

All of my geese have quit laying. One African goose has three under her and only about a week left. During the storms this week, a tree fell next to the building she is in. She came off the nest for an hour or so scared of the tree. I got her calmed down and back in on the nest.

Three guineas hatched. I have a buff bantam wyndotte that hatched one of her own the same day so now she is mothering them as well. Beats having lights!

We had 11 of 12 Sebastopols hatch this past weekend. 1 gosling had pipped but ended up being DIS. Number 11 died post hatch, it had a Nero condition and head issue going on so was best. We have 6 more in lockdown now, 3 have externally pipped already. Another peaches baby in this batch, very excited to grow out these babies and make our fall picks. The request list of people wanting to buy her goslings is getting long. We will end up having to list them openly this fall and not do any deposits or waiting list requests.

We have goose eggs due right through the third week of May, then it slows down! Our sons black copper marans are laying though, and have amazing egg color! He is very excited at the first eggs and how dark they are. He has found another BCM breeder to work with for additional blood for his flock. So by the end of May he will start his testing for fertility and should have hatching eggs all summer then.

Marty good luck with the new Sebbie eggs, we are selling the 1 gosling from those eggs. Out of three eggs, two hatched, one passed and will sell the other as we don't need or want a white.

We have buff saddleback eggs set, and will be getting a box of goslings next week. All pastel colored goslings so chances of blue, lilac, buff and lavender. Will be a nice addition.

Hey guys, thought I'd pop in to say hello. Hubby reports that all is well with our 4 African babies living 24/7 free ranging with their new gander "dad" and the other gander. He also told me that a pair of wild Canadian geese have decided to join our flock! I can't wait to get home to see that!
Barley is throwing hissy fits every couple of hours, but he should be fine until I get home tomorrow night. Can't wait to check my 5 buff eggs when I get back as it will be day 5. Also should have my 4 Cayuga eggs waiting for me to set. And I still have 6 grey dewlaps going strong on day 17.
smile.png

Glad everyone's eggs are doing well. Will be fun to see all the new babies when they hatch. I too hope that once goose hatching season is over that we stay in touch to see how our babies grow up.
be safe talk to you soon
big_smile.png

I haven't updated in awhile but I had 5 grey pom eggs due yesterday. Of them 3 hatched. Two were backwards...lost one of them through the night. The other one is still holding on and I hope will be ok by the time I get off work and back home.

All of my geese have quit laying. One African goose has three under her and only about a week left. During the storms this week, a tree fell next to the building she is in. She came off the nest for an hour or so scared of the tree. I got her calmed down and back in on the nest.

Three guineas hatched. I have a buff bantam wyndotte that hatched one of her own the same day so now she is mothering them as well. Beats having lights!
gotta love broody/adoptive hens
love.gif

We had 11 of 12 Sebastopols hatch this past weekend. 1 gosling had pipped but ended up being DIS. Number 11 died post hatch, it had a Nero condition and head issue going on so was best. We have 6 more in lockdown now, 3 have externally pipped already. Another peaches baby in this batch, very excited to grow out these babies and make our fall picks. The request list of people wanting to buy her goslings is getting long. We will end up having to list them openly this fall and not do any deposits or waiting list requests.
We have goose eggs due right through the third week of May, then it slows down! Our sons black copper marans are laying though, and have amazing egg color! He is very excited at the first eggs and how dark they are. He has found another BCM breeder to work with for additional blood for his flock. So by the end of May he will start his testing for fertility and should have hatching eggs all summer then.
Marty good luck with the new Sebbie eggs, we are selling the 1 gosling from those eggs. Out of three eggs, two hatched, one passed and will sell the other as we don't need or want a white.
We have buff saddleback eggs set, and will be getting a box of goslings next week. All pastel colored goslings so chances of blue, lilac, buff and lavender. Will be a nice addition.
I can't wait to see the new pictures of your flock as the babies feather out
pop.gif

Hey guys! I've been sick and incredibly busy the last few days and haven't been on. How is everyone?! Looks like new babies will be hatching soon for many of you. I have my bcm on day 17 today, and that's it!

Thanks Sue, hoping to get 2 maybe 3 keepers out of the goslings this year for breeding. Won't know though until fall. Takes hatching so many to get just 1 worth holding on to. Utility breeds are easier because they are raised for meat. The Sebastopols on the other hand are an ornamental, so you have to judge and select traits appropriate for creating eye candy and show able birds.

Back
Top Bottom