Here we go again - I'm hatching more goslings!!

Ok, she did it again so I have to ask. Is it normal for a 13-14 week old gosling to squat? I was just outside and she came up and stood by my leg. I reached down to pet her and she lifted her wings and squatted again. This time she also made an odd raspy almost honking sound. Gander seems clueless as to what she's doing. He just stood there honking and nibbling on her wing.
idunno.gif
Do geese start squatting wayyy before they are ready to lay?

Mohillbilly, if you want dewlaps, call/email Carole. If you want utility toulouse, go to Mahanaim Farms website.

Hey there Bayjay,

I trace air cell lines on day 21. By the way, don't forget to throw away any eggs that you do not see spiders in!

I got pics of her squatting finally.
She is just standing like a statue and making weird sounds with her wings and tail lifted up while I pet her. Wish I had video, would make it a lot easier to explain and to see. I wish she'd stop, it makes me feel gross petting her when she does it.
lau.gif
The gander stands there and honks at her and bites her wings, but she ignores him until she finally gives up and walks off.

Mo, that depends on which goose you want. Erin has production geese, while Carole has dewlaps and still has eggs from what Iain said. They are two very different geese even though they share a name.
I have a brief description of the differences here: http://celticoaks.com/home/geese/dewlap-toulouse-buff
thanks if Carole still has eggs when these ducks hatch I may get some from her...but now my bator is full.

Back
Top Bottom