Here's a new one ,OMG what next (update on page 6)

Here's a method to ignore your MIL that someone told me once when I was getting verbally abused by someone....

'That's why God gave you two ears... so it could go in one and out the other'

All the best with MIL. You're a patient woman.
hugs.gif

Are they also allergic to eggs? To vaccines made from eggs? Do they have feather pillows? How about we do a little test? Here's what you do:

Get some bird feathers: any kind EXCEPT chicken feathers. Put half in a clean sock, and put the other half in another sock. Have your mil and fil each take a turn holding them up to their noses and inhale vigorously (which alone may make them dizzy).

Results:
If they say they both feel symptomatic to the same sock, then tell them neither sock had chicken feathers (show them the feathers) and that it must be psychosomatic...see a shrink. It they say neither sock made them symptomatic, then pull out the feathers and tell them both socks had chicken feathers in them, and tell them "...hmm, must be some other type of bird you're both allergic to." Sorry Charlie. If they each pick different socks, then tell them they both reacted differently to different unknown feathers: they both have different bird allergies: too bad, so sad!

Really what they need to do is find a landlord they are not related to :)

Brian

I am allergic to eggs (and all vaccs made from eggs) and feather pillows but I LOVE cuddling my chickens and have no allergy problems with them now that they are adults.
When they were getting in their adult feathers I did sneeze quite a bit but they are worth it.

Reading this about your inlaws reminded me of something a friend sent me yesterday. I'm sorry but the devil made me do it and share it with you. Might be good for a laugh:

FUNERAL PROCESSION:
(DON'T SKIP THE PRAYER AT THE END...IT'S PRICELESS!)

A woman was leaving a convenience store with her morning coffee when
she noticed a most unusual funeral
procession approaching the nearby cemetery.

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50
feet behind the first one.
Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman walking a pit bull on a
leash.
Behind her, a short distance back, were about 200 women walking single
file.

The woman couldn't stand her curiosity. She respectfully approached the
woman walking the dog and said, 'I am so sorry for your loss', I know
now is a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like
this. Whose funeral is it?'

'My husband's.'

'What happened to him?'

The woman replied, 'My dog attacked and killed him.'

She inquired further, 'Well, who is in the second hearse?'

The woman answered, 'My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my
husband when the dog turned on her.'

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two
women.

'Can I borrow the dog?'

'Get in line.'

A Woman's Prayer:
Dear Lord, I pray for:
Wisdom, To understand a man.
Love, To forgive him and;
Patience, For his moods.
Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll just beat him to death!

*dog, cat & chicken force field*
Add to that a trio of 4ft+ iguanas and NOBODY comes over much! (except for a couple of friends who are as much animals lovers as I am)

I may be all wet here, but since they are your inlaws, this might bring you all closer , having the same interest. The best way, I think, to get under MIL's skin would be to really get FIL excited about his new interest, buy him a feeder or something. Get him a chicken catalog. Get him addicted!

Get them a green layer and then ask them what they did to the chicken. I am glad they are turning around for you. Although their house would have made a great coop.

Back
Top Bottom