here's why we shouldn't put quail and chickens together...update #3

My birds eyes get swollen when pecked and lose feathers like that. And I was responding to his post that it has been diagnosed... and it hasnt from what i can see. Want to know where that was?

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
When eyes get pecked, the swelling, redness should be around different parts of the eye?

Usually when there is swelling in the lower and "next" to the nasal (beak), it is other than pecking. If there is an odor/smell, then you have an infection.

sick pheasant-1
24748_yg_2-sick_eyel_day_9.jpg

sick pheasant - 2
24748_yg_2-sick_eyel_day_5.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
In the future you may want to let us know you had personal conversations with the original poster that were not on the thread instead of posting something like the above saying we arent paying attention when in fact we only had what was originally posted to go on. Thanks

Quote:
In the future you may want to let us know you had personal conversations with the original poster that were not on the thread instead of posting something like the above saying we arent paying attention when in fact we only had what was originally posted to go on. Thanks

Isn't that what i just did?

I just got home, checked my birds and came to post an update and there was a whole lotta postin' in my absence. so, i tried to clarify....sorry i didn't mention this sooner.

Quote:
Yea I thought the same... my quail have looked like that before. I wouldnt assume a disease but overcrowding.

That's usually the case, but I guess not in this instance - the post about the vet diagnosis was posted after my original post. I'm sorry to hear that the OP is having issues with it and that it is something more serious than simple cannibalism from boredom.
idunno.gif
Sounds like the OP has gotten some good direction on how to take care of it...
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

Isn't that what i just did?

I just got home, checked my birds and came to post an update and there was a whole lotta postin' in my absence. so, i tried to clarify....sorry i didn't mention this sooner.

You did and I appreciate that but JJMR made the post I was referring to, he forgot he was privy to much more information than we were.

I'm sure it is hard for Fitzy to come on here & tell us about a disease his birds/bird have. It would be even harder when your selling them. There trying to get out information so this doesn't effect more people. Just because there was a misunderstanding when you read earlier doesn't mean you need to get defensive.

This takes away from the importance of the original post.

Fitzy I'm glad you got this under control. Good work on the fast reaction & thank you for letting us know what is going on. I need to find a new home for my quail now. I'm going to miss the chickens cleaning up after those messy things.

My chickens are on one side of the yard and the quail is on the other side. i take care of my quail first and then take care of my chickens then wash my hands first if i have to go back to the quail

Back
Top Bottom