Heritage Bantam Thread

Pics
Will see if I can find some pics of my old Mazanec RIR bantams
smile.png

Ten year go picture

15 year old picture

five year ago picture

I don't have any pictures of his old line but they kind of looked like this line
I have. Brick shaped dark true to breed old fashion Rhode Island Reds.
Today we have two types of Rhode Island Reds you have to decide which ones you
want. One is old fashion one is short in body and high top lines like a Rock.

I am happy to say this past Thursday at the Pine Bluff Arkansas show a R I Red Ckl won
best ckl Champion SCCL and Reserve Champion of the show. Judge Malone said this is what we use
to see years ago in the 60s as R I Reds. Proud of the owner and he breed and raised him over the past four
years from stock I sent him. Hopefully we can turn the tide on the R I Red bantams and get people to breed them like
the old times did as Mr. Mazanec use to breed them. bob

Last edited:
I'm Looking for some much needed Bantam answers and can not find where to post.:

Will the Bantam Hen be Damaged mating with a Full size Roo ? if he is twice her size ?
What determines the Eggs sized for Hen ? I'd like to keep her healthy as Possible.

Last edited:
Yes, Bantam females can be injured by mating with large fowl males. Don't understand your egg question.

I'm Looking for some much needed Bantam answers and can not find where to post.
What determines the  Eggs sized for Hen ?  I'd like to keep her healthy as Possible.

If you are asking if the size of the male a hen is mated with has any bearing on the size eggs she lays the answer is no. Tom

THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURES AND MAKING COMMENTS. I crossed my large fowl Reds onto a bantam female 25 years ago I shrunk them down. The males in the wire cages where males I shrunk down they where about a pound over weight. I sent two of them to a breeder in Oklahoma and he crossed them on his Red Bantams which where my same line of bantams then he sent me back the next year two ckls which where smaller and then I shrunk my line down in a hurry which I have today at standard weight. No problems with eggs or anything just took a long time to get them small. I did keep the large fowl traits such as type, wing carriage, color everything I wanted to do. Breed out the Cochin and Old English genes using this method. Lots of work and feed and chicks but after 25 years. Mission success. bob

It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away. Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom