Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

Hmm - it would be wise to ID your target first and even with a open choke you only have a very small pattern at 8 feet.
I many cases, if you bother to ID your target...in a short while, there could be an other ID.. with a number, tied to your toe in the morgue.
idunno.gif

Well I would say if you determined that you have made a ID on the potential target
I guess it would depend upon each individual circumstance. I would never just walk into my son's room, not even when he was in high school and for diddly darned sure I wouldn't do it now! He has always given me the same respect and knows to knock and wait to be asked to enter...goes both ways.

If I were to wake up with a shadowy figure looming in my room...it's soon to be a dead body.

We are the only two who ever spend the night here.

But, with all considered, I never expect the circumstances to devolve whereby I need to defend my bed chamber but you can bet your bippy, I am more than well prepared to do so!
thumbsup.gif

I guess it would depend upon each individual circumstance. I would never just walk into my son's room, not even when he was in high school and for diddly darned sure I wouldn't do it now! He has always given me the same respect and knows to knock and wait to be asked to enter...goes both ways.

If I were to wake up with a shadowy figure looming in my room...it's soon to be a dead body.

But, with all considered, I never expect the circumstances to devolve whereby I need to defend my bed chamber but you can bet your bippy, I am more than well prepared to do so!
thumbsup.gif
Just put the Wabbit on night guard and you got it covered .
Good luck on the surgery.
Both mine turned out well except ID'ing a straight 2x4. But after 8 years the brain compensates for it.

Oh my gosh... hubby has a big grin on his face. I can see the wheels turning. ROFL
I suspect the 'makings' can be found in any orderly farm shop, perhaps some special springs might have to be acquired but then again...perhaps not. In any event, If I really wanted or need that system, I'm certain Jason and a couple of his friends could make it happen.

Who knows, he did have that 'possum eating persimmons' look on his face when he watched it. I'll be the last to know!
cool.png

Speaking of making things......... The sun came out today, and I got a few photos of my home made waterer heaters.I perched 5 Gallon plastic waters on these, and with just a 40 W. bulb, kept water flowing all winter, even with 5 degrees. A trouble light, an 18" square of plywood, a 6" PVC connector,some epoxy, and you are in business. The trouble lights I found had little hooks on the end , so we secured them level with a bolt.

thumbsup.gif
I can't imagine anyone creeping past all your dogs, or mine. This place would erupt, and has once before, with very positive results....for me anyway ! A real nut will shoot your dogs, but they will give you warning, and enough time to get a gun out.

Speaking of making things......... The sun came out today, and I got a few photos of my home made waterer heaters.I perched 5 Gallon plastic waters on these, and with just a 40 W. bulb, kept water flowing all winter, even with 5 degrees. A trouble light, an 18" square of plywood, a 6" PVC connector,some epoxy, and you are in business. The trouble lights I found had little hooks on the end , so we secured them level with a bolt.

Thanks for the photo !!!!! I will make two of these for next winter.

This is the one I use, the boys (with their Dad's help) made it for me for Christmas two years ago. Of course, I bought all the stuff, printed off the instructions, and put it in a bag and gave it to them and said, "Here is what I want for Christmas." The boys had a good time and loved that they made me something that I actually use.

http://sugarpeafarm.blogspot.com/2012/11/diy-waterer-heater-for-chickens.html

Back
Top Bottom