Heritage Large Fowl - Phase II

thumbsup.gif
Ok, that works for me, Turk, thanks! I had figured on building a large Woods Coop for the hens and a coop for the boys. Both with roomy runs. How many breeding pens will I need for 2 trios and how big should they be? From what I have read, the Chanties like more room than the Sussex needed. From what I have read a standard hutch size will be fine for the Floridas? Yes?
Thanks,
Karen

Last edited:
If this isn't aloud please delete but does anyone have any Rhode Island Red rooster in Ohio I need one from show lines. Thanks
Perfectly allowed on this thread. On of the main purposes of this particular thread is to help folk decide on the large heritage fowl of their choice and then to introduce them to high quality breeders of that breed. Do you have a particular strain of RIR you are interested in?
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
I would recommend Matt Ulrich. He lives in LA (lower Alabama) but I happen to know that he is going to try to make the Columbus, Ohio show in November, and even if he doesn't, I am going and could transport. His are "to die for" and he is a regular on Champion Row.

Hi,
Ok, back out to the main Forum Directory. Choose the Exhibition , Genetics and Breeding to the Standard forum.
Select the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread. Post some pics of your birds there and
the folks can most probably ID the strain for you. Then ask them where to get a cock
which is compatible to your hens and from a strain which will nick nicely. I am always
awed by the knowledge on that thread. Plus the RIR has an illustrious literary history.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
USCGC Harriet Lane on site in Haiti!! Hi, if anyone asks you if we have rescue assets in Haiti, you can tell them the 1st US rescue asset to arrive was the 270 ft. medium endurance cutter USCGC Harriet Lane which arrived in Haiti 6 hours after the storm after driving thru 20 ft. waves. Our son IT 3rd Class Owen Tewart is on the Harriet Lane. We just heard from him and are so glad our rescue warrior is safe. I doubt he has ever seen devastation like what has occurred in Haiti.
http://www.uscg.mil/lantarea/cgcHarrietLane/
Best,
Karen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom