HEY! I'm Amy

Amy2775

Hatching
Sep 4, 2015
Central Florida
My name is Amy and I live in central Florida. I've been married for 14.5 years and have 2 boys. We just got chickens in the middle of April 2015. We got tiny little babies, but they've grown big! My chicks should be laying soon, it's the beginning of Sept. now. My boys go out numerous times per day looking for eggs. My 8 year old put 2 golf balls in the coop in case it would help them figure out what to do. I'm not sure about this, but figured it wouldn't hurt, right?

We've got 5 chickens, hopefully all females. If we have roosters, we'll have to find somewhere for them to go because we're allowed only females.

We bought a coop that was listed for 4-5, but we thought it was too small so we got a 10'x10' dog kennel that is 6' tall and just built it around the coop.

The chickens are pretty tame because we've held them all the time. They've been named so they've now become part of the family. I'm not sure on the breeds, not that it makes too much of a difference, but it'd be nice to know. Please meet:

Bear

Grizzly

DJ (black & white), Nugget (brown)

Shadow Ninja

Hi :welcome Amy

Glad you could join the flock! You have some lovely birds there in your flock! I've lived looking at your pics. Nothing about them stands out as male to me so I would say you have all girls there. I see you have posted in the what breed gender section and this is a great place to post pics for lots of help.

Wishing you the very best of luck with them in the future. I hope you have some eggs soon as it can seem to take an age for them to arrive but when they do it's great to find them.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Bear (Buff Orpington)

Grizzly (Production Red)

DJ (Silver Spangled Hamburg), Nugget (Easter Egger)

Shadow Ninja (Golden Laced breed, but it's not a Wyandotte which have yellow legs. It might be a Golden Sebright with those slate legs, but I can't really make out what kind of comb it has from the pic.)

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined the flock!
frow.gif
I agree with @Michael OShay with breed guesses.

X 2 I am thinking gold laced sebright also for the last one but, the tail looks wrong. I do believe IF you had any cockerels they would have been crowing by now.Welcome to Backyard chickens Amy, nice to meet you.

Back
Top Bottom