Hi from Minneapolis!

Gallomancer

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Long-time reader, first-time poster! I've always been intimidated by forums, but I'm gonna try!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

• I've had chickens with my grandparents before, but this is the first time having some of my own. We got our first three pullets back in May and then a few more in early August.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

• Six Eight! Used to have seven nine, but one of our pullets died with no symptoms of illness. We suspect it was Cocci due to noticing some abnormal stool around the garden after she passed.

(3) What breeds do you have?

• 1 Welsummer (Miss Beakman), 1 White Crested Polish (Zuul), 1 Copper/Black Maran (unnamed), 1 Barbezieux, and 4 "imperfect" Cemanis.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

• I've known about it for a long time, but I don't remember how I found it. Probably googling some question about chickens before I even had them!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

• I enjoy fostering cats, playing tabletop games and rpgs, making embroidery, and generally being on the internet.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

• My fiance and I rent a house in Minneapolis with one other roommate. We have two cats and one corn snake along with our chickens. My fiance works in software development and I own a business doing machine embroidery out of our home. We were looking to purchase a house in the Lakeville/Farmington area within the next year, but we're probably going to continue renting up here for a while longer.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Gallomancer :frow Welcome!

Many thanks for a great introduction, I enjoyed getting to know you a little.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom