High Desert, California!!

Hello, all! I am in the Tehachapi area. We actually have a group of chicken fans here in town. We all met buying organic feed in the same Azure Standard order. Now we are placing group orders from Cackle and Freedom Ranger Hatcheries. Also working on a group buy of organic feed from Modesto Milling.

Nice to see so many "locals!"

Oh Boy a close by group ! I have one or two chicken buddies in Inyokern but I would think that in Ridgecrest a town of almost 30K there would be much more enthusiastic chicken groupies. Anyway so far I have a few hens and am waiting for my new incubator and will have new breeds soon. Bantam Ameraucans to mix with bantam Turkens to eventually find a crested breed to add to the mix. Hope to hear from you all here on BYC about your flocks ! Mary

Quote:

I can't take the pressure of not knowing what my easter eggers are. I'll show you gals more pics in a couple of weeks when their combs and feathers are more grown out.
I'm not thinking about breeding atm
hide.gif

Just an FYI thereis a small bantam only show in Bakersfield this weekend on Saturday. It is a one day only show at the fairgrounds. My girls and i will be heading down there to peak around. DH has duty all weekend and DS is not a chicken lover. So it's ladies day out.

Hi all
frow.gif
I lived in Rosamond, Lancaster and Palmdale my whole life (VERY familiar with all the high dez) until just a few years ago and then got transplanted down here to SD. Nice to meet everyone!

Back
Top Bottom