Highnoon hatch? What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reason to shut it down, I asked about it because I was curious. I know some breeds are more prone to fighting than others, it's not their fault, they were bred or born that way, I'd just rather not deal with it myself. Most people are very respectful and answer questions, they don't flame or get stupid. I have a policy on all threads I start, it gets stupid, I have it shut down. I don't see that happening this time, and I do know game fowl can be good pets, I have a Bantam names La Roo that is wonderful. I hatched and raised him here.
Thanks for your concern, I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
Oh I know it's not their fault, I was just going by the policy of BYC. Usually when the word "fighting" is involved, you can just count the minutes until it's locked down...

It's just their policy, no fault on anyone's part. I was just asking a (in my opinion) humorous question...lol

It is not the word fighting that will get it shut down, it's when an argument starts over cock-fighting and such. I can see how you might have gotten that idea from a few threads were shut down. This thread isn't one that is defending or condemning, so we aren't breaking rules. I do appreciate your concern about it, and I do know you weren't trying to start anything. I found that ad in our local Craigslist and someone also has for sale a large chicken coop on the same page or so.

Last edited:
Here is our boy Mr. Fancy Pants. We got him at 8 weeks old from a guy that we believe was raising these for fighting and he moved here from there. We just wanted him because he is beautiful and expected that he may be hard to get along with but as it turns out he is the sweetest chicken I have he is my favorite! He does however have to be separated from our other rooster because he is soo scrapy towards other roosters. Great with us and his girls! Like I sayed he's my favorite and will be a very sad day when I lose him. I would suggest owning one to anyone!
Note that his feet are taped up in the picture because he started fighting our other roo through the fence. I fixed that too by putting up a barrier so he couldn't see the roo. Just wish I had done it sooner before he got his poor little feet hurt! You know what they say about hind sight.
DSC03359.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

are they supposed to have BEARDS?????? never seen an game with a beard..

mine doenst have a beard... and i did not have mine dubbed.. so he had a comb and wattles... but the same color as that one

Some breeders use EE, Malay, Shamo, etc. in order to get smaller combs and wattles on their game birds. It's to...make less of a target shall we say?

to be in a show there has to be a set standard..
but for backyard "pets" i see why they would breed in those other breeds.. i get it now;) thanks

but.. i thought thats what DUBBING is for:idunno

oh well

I never seen these in a show. We sure love him though and he meets our standards for being a great companion:D
tongue.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom