Highnoon hatch? What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow he sure is pretty! And expensive!!!
th.gif

ETA:
I seen some on egg bid maybe ebay I think they were called pumpkins? Or something close to that. And they looked about like that but were orange colored!

Last edited:
"high noon" sounds like the BLOODLINE.....

kinda like an arabian horse from "bask" or "khmosabi" bloodlines..
quarterhorses from the "dunn it" line

here in socal..... i hear that is the "going" price for a mature gamebird roo...

Highnoon is a bloodline of the American Gamefowl "cluster" called Hatch. Hatch fowl take their name from Sandford Hatch who originated the first ones in New York decades ago. Since then many lines have been created, some of which have nothing in common with the original lines but had the named tacked on there to sell them better. Not saying that's the case here, they look like the typical Hatch - a b.b. red with blue or green legs. $55 for a dozen eggs isn't that expensive in gamefowl.

hens make ok layers, if you keep taking their eggs. They have amazing instinct for broodyness and are great for free ranging. Don't get a rooster if you plan on trying to keep it anywhere where it can so much as see another rooster or you'll have problems.....

The rooster in the pic looks like a really good example of the breed and would probably be good for showing in shows sactioned by the American Game Fowl Society.

I just showed the picture to our head custodian who has a brother who used to cockfight. He said that is exactly what it is, don't even think about it! He said if I want a hen, he can get me a hen for free, just don't ask where or why. I don't think I'll do it though, as pretty as they are I just don't the peaceful existence on my land disrupted by a fighting breed. Thanks for the information all.

so far so good.... i have 3 hens and a roo stOEGB. (from a hatchery). he is in full veiw of several roosters just a 5 foot chain link fence bettween them(wings clipped)... one side i have my blue cochin (hens and roo) on the other side is a small pasture full of all my odds and ends chickens and about 7 rooster (mostly banties)
the OEG roo has been sweet so far,, i have been preparing myself to deal with a nasty roo... so far nothing.. he is 8 months old..
i also have 3 andelusian hens and an EE hen in with them.. the hens all seam quite nice very curious and calm,, not hysterical and flighty like the andalusians

Wonder how long it'll be before this gets shut down? LOL

Gamefowl can actually be very nice pets.

I agree, gamefowl with the bloodline named "Hatch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom