Highnoon hatch? What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty peeps a little edumaction time for the thread. Historically they may have been used for "you know what", but they have always been GAMEFOWL. Please refer to them as such, they don't need any more bad pr than what they have already gotten and conitinue to receive. Gamefowl come in every color and shape of the rainbow. Muffs, tassles, toppies, tailless, white, blue, red, orange, etc., etc. They do require a bit more for care, pens and such, but after raising a few, you would be hooked. The variety that is seen in American gamefowl means that the APA will more than likely never recognize them, which is sad, these are a part of our American heritage that will be lost if not for a handfull of dedicated breeders. The American Gamefowl Society or AGFS has been formed to set forth a standard of perfection, and they have begun sponsoring shows where these beautiful birds can be entered and judged. I encourage all to attend one of these shows if you have any in your area, you will be amazed at the diversity and beauty of the American gamefowl.

The muffed bird is a muff game, no ee or barnyard crossed in to make them, they come that way.

Anyone with questions about gamefowl or interested in aquiring gamefowl, feel free to contact me. If you are needing any help, I would be more than happy to help out if possible.

Quote:
The AGFS has already created a standard, first published in 2006. it is based off of the standards for the Oxford game club, cause, afterall, much of the ancestry of the American Game is the Old English lines.

Vcomb beat me to it... LOL
lol.png

Ok,, now I'm rethinking a free hen or two! I imagine they are a lot like dogs in some ways (people too...), in that they are violent if raised that way. That is one reason I refuse to call an American Staffordshire Terrier by another name, look it up if you want to know. They are beautiful birds, I was very impressed with the coloring. I'm not wondering if the roo I named Louie was one, he had to find a new home because as nice as he was, the other roos didn't like him and picked on him, he was smaller than them.
I appreciate all the information, it is very clarifying.

Quote:
well...without getting into too much of a debate about it the truth is 95% of gamefowl roosters are very docile towards people their viscious nature is only towards other roosters. a free hen or two just make be the doorway to a future of raising games as like many have said before, once you find out what they are like first hand through raising them, you'll be hooked! if Louie was one he would've been the one doing all the picking and bullying.

Last edited:
AMstaffs and pitbulls ARE TWO different breeds.. they may have come from the same "roots" but they are seperate breeds..
it burns me up when people that have pits... calling them"am.staffs" or "terriers" just so they wont have to SAY "pitbull"

real am.staff owners are breeding that "gameness" out of the dogs and they are becoming nice pets and dogs to have around.. also am.staffs come from the english staffordshire ONLY.. if they do not, then they are not am.staffs

to many pitbulls are still being used for "bad things" and the gameness is kept in the breed.. it is NOT a purebred dog (now they are trying to make a standard) but before, they bred in any game dog.. sadly around here they are breeding pits with mastiffs to get giant aggressive dogs

there are GOOD and bad people in all types of animals breeding.

thanks for the info on the GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom