Highschool Finals Project (Duck Farm) HELP ME PLEASE!

I've 2000 egg layers
5 muscovys
4 calls
14 random breeds
5 call ducklings
3 other ducklings
3 appleyard
3 black and white
7 Drake's
Total=2044

From this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-many-ducks-does-everyone-have.319338/

Edit to add; just click on that little arrow and it will take you to that post in the aforementioned thread. Obviously I was wrong, he has over 2k ducks not close to 1k! He's in Ireland. You may want to message him and ask him a few questions.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of this hypothetical duck farm? Eggs? Meat? Hatchery? Petting zoo? Something I haven't thought of?

You might need someone in charge of feed, like a nutritionist or dietitian that specializes in poultry.

Likewise, you would need someone in charge of water systems, like think massive plumbing system that takes care of all your wastewater (we know ducks are messy and go through lots of water), water treatment, wastewater management, etc.

You might even have an on call plumber, electrician, maintenance technician.

You could have a staff avian vet and vet tech/assistant.

If you are producing eggs or meat here you would need processors, packagers, someone in charge of shipping and receiving, quality control.

An accountant or an entire accounting department.

Sales manager and sales team, marketing department, IT department, web design/maintenance

cleaners, laborers, caretakers

you could have someone whose only job is vent sexing

ok... I hope that's enough to get you going/thinking/looking at many different aspects of a commercial agricultural business

The OP wanted to ask a commercial duck farmer how their operation works for their school project. You are a duck farmer, so I was suggesting they see if you would be willing to answer a few questions.

Magic linking is an internet equivalent of a tap on the shoulder to look at a particular thread.

The OP wanted to ask a commercial duck farmer how their operation works for their school project. You are a duck farmer, so I was suggesting they see if you would be willing to answer a few questions.

Magic linking is an internet equivalent of a tap on the shoulder to look at a particular thread.
Oh sorry I thought u where trying to take the mick or something srry bout that
Yeah Id help this person do they still need info?

Oh sorry I thought u where trying to take the mick or something srry bout that
Yeah Id help this person do they still need info?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I think it’s incredibly impressive that you can manage a commercial duck egg operation. I have no idea what kind of work would go into that. I couldn’t begin to guess all that you would need to do to keep that running smoothly. The fact that you have in essence “working” egg layers and “pets” must mean you like ducks a lot. I wasn’t one of those that thought any ducks needed rescuing. Unhappy and unhealthy ducks won’t lay, so any successful commercial operation is going to work to have healthy and happy ducks. PETA and the like aren’t exactly on my trusted list.

The original poster hasn’t said whether their questions have been answered. The thread derailed into a PETA like thread, so hopefully they’ll check back in and contact you.

Back
Top Bottom