Holy crap. I got ducks (and tiny chicks, too.)

Yes, they are Muscovys :) Beautiful!!! Do you know genders?

The first time I ever saw these ducks I referred to them as chicken ducks when I did more research I found out they were muscovies and I learned they are from the southern us areas. Is this true?

Thank you Miss Lydia for the age guess. And they'll lay eggs about when-ish?
I have read that Muscovies are from south and central America and that there are some that have gone feral in the south, so maybe that's what you mean?

Thank you Miss Lydia for the age guess. And they'll lay eggs about when-ish?
I have read that Muscovies are from south and central America and that there are some that have gone feral in the south, so maybe that's what you mean?
Mine have always matured slow usually if they hatch say in spring/ summer of 2016 they will lay spring of 2017 around 8-10 months old. Yes alot have gone feral in Florida and we have a big group here in the mountains too just a good thing it's not on our end of the river or I'd be in the poor house trying to feed all of them. Mostly from people bringing them home and they fly away.
The first time I ever saw these ducks I referred to them as chicken ducks when I did more research I found out they were muscovies and I learned they are from the southern us areas. Is this true?
They are not native to the USA @DuckMadness just as KougleMom says.

Thank you so much for all your info Miss Lydia. They really are charming little things, aren't they? I swear one of the females, Venus, smiles at me!

Back
Top Bottom