Homemade flock block recipes

My ladies like the comercial flock block I purchased at the feed store. I don't think it was Purina, but I don't remember for sure. They have been picking at one corner of it since they were a month old.

I admire you all for cooking for your chickens,
bow.gif

but I don't even cook for myself!

Quote:
I have the same problem. Maybe if I smeared it with oatmeal with raisins in it....

meri

This may sound silly. When I want to interest my girls in new foods I "peck" at it with my fingernail and make clicking noises similiar to what my roosters do to call the girls to treats.

Quote:
I have the same problem. Maybe if I smeared it with oatmeal with raisins in it....

meri

This may sound silly. When I want to interest my girls in new foods I "peck" at it with my fingernail and make clicking noises similiar to what my roosters do to call the girls to treats.

Not silly at all - I tried that, the rooster told them not to believe me.

bad rooster
wink.png

meri

Quote:

Not silly at all - I tried that, the rooster told them not to believe me.

bad rooster
wink.png

meri

gig.gif

My biggest question is how to convince hubby to let us have chickens in the first place. I watch all these posts yearningly. Also, we have no car. Does anyone make and deliver coops? Do you just keep hoping for something on craigslist?

Have much to do in the meantime though. Back fence is done. Have to make up a makeshift fence that I can do.

Can I wait and wait and wait until Spring of 2010? Yikes.

Thanks all for being here

Back
Top Bottom