Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

Guess what?

I got goats!!!
woot.gif

Now, I got them at a day old, and it's only been six days, but I love them and can't wait until I get to use my own milk in some of these recipes.
I know it will be a while, but I'm so excited! They're both girls, Toggenburg Nubian crosses they were born on the same day but to two different moms.

I just couldn't help myself!!! I found this thread a few days ago and tonight I have yoghurt 'brewing'!
wee.gif

I can't wait to see how it is tomorrow morning when I get up for work!

I added a little bit of sugar (probably a bit more that I would have liked to after tasting it).. but then again I do like my yoghurt sweet! so excited.

thanks MissPrissy for sharing your wisdom. You are an inspiration!

chookn (a.k.a Tina)

OK. I can report that my yoghurt was an absolute success!!!!!! The only thing I wasnt happy about was the fact I didn't make more!

I really didn't expect it to be THAT yummy. I know I'll certainly be doing this more often!

If you ever convince a person to make it once they learn what you can't explain to them in words. You have to try it for yourself.

Glad you love it!

Quote:
I think what you are trying to say is you LOVE yoghurt... just not the junk that they sell on the shelves!!!!!
wink.png

You cannot understand how amazed I was with the quality of the yoghurt. I actually took some in to work for my colleagues and I also took some over to my neighbours......
big_smile.png

Well....
I did it. I little bit of a pain but not too bad. I have two quarts brewing as I write....
big_smile.png

Our Organic store has this sinfully good Traditional Greek whole milk yogurt.. I used it as my starter.. If my home made can be as good that Greek one... (It makes Stony Field taste yucky.. and Stony field is was my favorite!)
Ya hooo!

PS I have been suffering from a 2 week long cold, that I was starting to get a sinus infection from.. As a last resort before going to see a doctor, I started eating yogurt two or three times a day... Bang... Two days later I started to recover..

Next time.. I will not wait so long to start eating a lot of yogurt multiple times a day...

OK update: I only let it brew for 8 hours then placed in the fridge overnight. Very good but a little softer than I like. Next time I will make it in the AM so I can get a full 10-12 hours brewing time in.
ON

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom