Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

I finally got them out, thanks Miss Prissy.

Ok yogurt fans, how do it get my 3 year old to eat this? The baby hasn't had much commercial yogurt so she is fine with a little honey and granola on hers. (I say baby, she is almost 2, honey is ok for her) My 3 year old, however, loves yogurt, the kind full of fake flavor and lots of sugar. I have tried honey for her and mixing some strawberry milk mix into it, she still isn't having it. Any ideas?

This might work for you, sune42. Try mixing in a spoonful of her favorite jam. If she still won't have anything to do with it, give it a rest for a bit and try again. Also, if she's been eating yogurt out of little plastic cups, using a colorful plastic cup for her yogurt just might do the (psychological) trick. Also, since kids of that age sometimes like to "do it myself" you might let her stir in her own jam into her yogurt in her special cup.
big_smile.png

Or mix a batch with some instant pudding mixed in the next time you make it. Then the next time decrease the pudding and so on. Changing our way of eating can take a little time.

That is actually the way yogurt should be. The way we most are accustomed to commercial yogurt being thick like a jello/pudding is due to the pasteurization of the milk products. It changes the proteins in the milk and they often add thickening agents.

Made some yogurt this weekend and having for breakfast this morning with fresh picked Boysenberries from our berry patch.
droolin.gif
I also strained some and have a lovely soft yogurt cheese. Great on toast with homemade jam.

Sandee

Back
Top Bottom