Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

You're hooked on yogurt!
clap.gif

like I said before, I do like the taste of store bought yogurt. But, i tried a sample of the non-fat stoneyfields plain yogurt that I will be using, and was not impressed. Please tell me that my finished product (assuming all goes well) will be better. I plan on adding a little bit of honey, and maybe some pure vanilla before it goes into the cooler.

Tim

You are not duplicating their taste. You are using their culture to cultivate your own. Whatever you add to it will be your own personal flavor.
smile.png
I love a big spoon of honey in mine - I do 3 qts at a time.

Oh, yours will be a bazillion times better. Not tart at all!! I like a little vanilla in it, but the honey is good too!

mmmmm!!! I love homemade yogurt!

I wonder if I could quickly ask (without going through 48 pages of previous posts) what age it's safe to start giving yogurt to chicks? Does it help their digestive systems like ours?

Thanks!

i just started reading this thread and am on page 21 with 20 some more pages to go... (need to come back to it another day- dial up is sooo slow) and i love all the info you all are sharing. cant wait to try these recipes.
our next door neighbor just got goats, and had babies recently, and are planning on milking... what does goats milk usually cost as i want to buy some from them?
thanks happy yogurt making everyone.
big_smile.png

Depending where you are you may not be able to legally buy the goats milk. But it is perfectly legal for them to give it to you
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom