Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

Just add me to the long list of converted yogurt makers. I made my first batch with a slight vanilla esscence. lol

Quite good if I say so myself. I fed some to the baby chicks and my doggies all loved it as well. Hubby and I did get some. Great stuff.

thanks miss prissy, Onto cheese next. I have to say though I will need to try making the yogurt with non fat milk next time, used 2 % this time round and it is thick and yummy. ANYONE ever try it with non fat? I would hate to pack on a few pounds by using even the 2 %.
wink.png

Last edited:
It is a pressed sheet of wood 8 ft x 4 ft - like plywood.

It is also called OSB or MDF - Medium-density fiberboard.

That is somewhat incorrect miss prissy. OSB, and MDF are two separate and distinct wood products that are used in the building trades these days. OSB=Oriented Strand Board; wood fiber chips with heat and high pressure,commercial grade glue and wood ply comprise this sheet material,usually sold in 4 ft x 8 ft sheets of various thicknesses for the retail and contractor markets. MDF= Medium Density Fiberboard. This product is made from sawdust and aliphatic resins i.e. yellow wood glue. Quite often, MDF is layered with a plastic laminate, such as "Melamine", to be used in the making of office furniture and inexpensive home furnishings such as childrens' bedroom suites, entertainment centers and bookcases. Inexpensive cabinets,either with simulated wood grain plastic laminate or actual wood veneer overlays(on the mid price range) also utilize MDF. MDF is to be used for interior applications only. OSB, can be used in exterior applications,but only as under-layment such as a sub-roof or sub-wall; where a waterproof outer layer will be applied.

As for OMD...I did a Wikipedia search, a Yahoo search, an Ixquick search and finally a Google search and drew all "blanks" on anything that might cross-reference OMD. Could you,in your infinite wisdom,find the time to enlighten an ungrateful jerk such as I?​

Quote:
Tell me more, you cook the rice correct? White - brown or does it matter.

Oh and on the jars do they have to be glass? I have some ceramic ones with the metal flip lids. I will post a pic if that helps. I used mason and my yogurt was fab.

Dilly

Thanks here is a pic, do you think using these would work? I have a feeling I will be busy making yogurt for all those that I have told about this.

Here is a pic, if not no problem, I will just go purchase a couple dozen mason jars new.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, also thanks to Mangled for her reply.

Have a great day everyone.

Dilly

Back
Top Bottom