Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

Can we get these recipes bookmarked? Like, yogurt on page 1, cheese on page ??
I lose it everytime I leave the thread!
gig.gif

Last edited:
So what would happen if you used vanilla flavored yogurt? I bought what I thought was Stonyfields plain yogurt, but it was vanilla. I planned to make vanilla yogurt anyway. Will it work?

I also bought the vanilla Stoneyfields yogurt by mistake.
I used it and my yogurt turned out just fine.
After incubation, it tastes just like plain yogurt.

Terrie, you will still get plain yogurt. The vanilla flavoring is okay. You aren't culturing the vanilla flavor so make sure to add some good vanilla to your batch before incubating. You just don't want to use a yogurt with fruit and jelly and all that other stuff in it.

Are you really going to try yogurt?
clap.gif
You are going to love it! Get some fruit to slice and put in the fridge and nice crunchy granola nuggets to top it off with (even some really good honey, too). You'll be wanting it for breakfast and dessert!

I got a gallon of milk, a cup of yogurt, a bag of granola, some peaches, some bananas. I just started a 10 day vacation, so I plan on goodie topped ypgurt and coffee on the patio in the mornings if the sun comes out.
smile.png

I just need to go find my little cooler. I think we used it for a duck water bucket last winter for some babies.

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mona and I am a Yogurt-aholic ....that is after I made my first batch yesterday of MissPrissy's.!!!
gig.gif

I can not thank you enough for all the instruction you have given in this forum. I use to eat like this growing up with my Grandmother untill she was unable to do it any longer. I learned alot of cooking from her but never took the time to write down how she did things.

I have been wanting to go back to the "basics" as my family calls it for a long time now. I'd like to thank everyone else for all the added advice that was posted as well. You Guys Rock!!

Now, on to the cheese portion of this cooking class this weekend. By the way , I might have missed it in the reading but if there is a cootage cheese recipe I missed would you mind listing it again?

I did alot of reading while making the yogurt and might have missed who posted it and where. I think I remember it being mentioned but not sure.

Thanks Again!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I thought my DH would be a hard sell to my new " basic" way of life but it was actually my mom who is having a fit...LOL.

" Why must you make things so hard on yourself , just buy cheaper stuff at the store and save money. The work isn't worth the trouble for the little you save." she says.

I just smile and say ," My trouble is worth it in the long run to me. Would you like to try some of the things I'm making?" I'll let you know if she changes her mind and trys something ,but right now she isn't interested in giving it a chance.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom