Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

gig.gif

I used my old fishing cooler...a cheapie styrofoam thing I picked up at 7-11 to transport a small spanish mackerel in.

And my yogurt didn't taste like mackerel (thank goodness...that was one fish I wish had never been caught!).

But duck flavored yogurt...maybe there's some sort of niche market for that?

My yogurt is incubating! I figure I will put it in the fridge when I get up and have a late breakfast.
smile.png

I added 1/3 cup of sugar adn 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract. I have never been fond of plain yogurt.

I went by MissPrissy's direction except I used whole milk. I could not get raw milk so I used a little more powdered milk , about 1/4 cup more.

I didn't put any sugar or anything extra as I made it. ( was scared I'd mess it up) Anyway it turned out REAL thick but wonderfull plain like it was. I will add a bit of vanilla next time for the kids.

I would use what I made for a starter but we ate it all today for lunch. The kids added blueberries we froze last summer and I on the other hand put it on top of my sliced tomatoe like cottage cheese. I loved it with salt and pepper but that is just me trying something different than the norm.

Mmmm, you'll have good breakfast. Actually, it should be ready for the fridge by the time you get ready for bed on the west coast -10 pm or so? You started it about 5 pm? It will be fabulous by morning if you get it int he fridge tonight.

Back
Top Bottom