Homemade Yogurt **Updated** Cheese and Buttermilk

lol, I had just gone to that sticky! Then I looked at the date you posted that ice cream recipe
smack.gif
to me!! I wish I had an entire book on just your recipes! I have copied lots of them to my word pad under recipes. yum and thank you so much for all your wonderful advice. I personally, love all the step by step photos, it is like being with you in your kitchen.

If you're using fresh, raw goat's milk to make mozzarella, what kind of adjustments do you have to make to the recipe?

Also, same question if the raw milk has been frozen--any changes?

I'm sure I'm not much help with your question as I have a milk cow and no goats. But, I'll share what I know - or think I know.LOL

I use Mary Jane Toth's recipes for most all of my adventures in cheesemaking. She has goats and her books are written with them in mind. But, she does say that goat and cow milk are interchangable in her recipes.
From what I've read, she talks about pasteurization and gives instructions on how to do it. But, I don't remember ever reading anything about having to do that or any adjustments in using raw milk. Specifically, in her recipe for quick mozzarella, she calls for cool milk.

So, I'm not able to help you with facts, just what I've read.
From my own experience, I do pasteurize our milk and that's what I use for mozzarella. I must say that it does not always turn out. I had a cheese disaster just yesterday. But, I won't give up!

BTW, would you mind sharing your recipe for mozzarella?

I just use Ricki Carroll's 30-minute Mozzarella recipe that comes with the kit. So you don't have to do anything different with goat vs. cow milk, or raw vs. pasteurized milk?

Back
Top Bottom