Homesteader's Delight

yes, the big danger is getting chilled, the down has no insulation value and they can't regulate their body temperature yet, but give them 4 weeks and everything changes. It would be nice if it worked for children as well !

They are now 2 1/2 weeks old and oh so cute!

The bad:
•my brother's dog got hold of a chick(it didn't make it)
•another chick choked on a bug and died
•the water fowl keep making a mess with the water

The good:
•My yellow gosling honked at 1 week old!
•they are all getting along well

I'll see about posting a picture soon. They got some fresh air outside for the first time today. Don't worry, it was monitored. I'm thinking of separating the ducklings and goslings from the others now since they're getting the bedding wet so often and seem to be hot. I'll try and get some pictures posted sometime soon. They're getting big!

The bad:

The good:

I'll see about posting a picture soon. They got some fresh air outside for the first time today. Don't worry, it was monitored. I'm thinking of separating the ducklings and goslings from the others now since they're getting the bedding wet so often and seem to be hot. I'll try and get some pictures posted sometime soon. They're getting big!
try setting the water on a brick, don't use a cinder block untill they are much older--chicks and get stuck and die in the cinder block holes. Oh, and with waterfowl the water is always dirty. Can't wait to see the pics.

The bad:

The good:

My ducks & geese sleep on the ground and the chickens and guinea get up higher yes them water birds are a messy lot with the water but fun to watch ...
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom