Homesteaders

been a while,

planning to set up a aquaponics system, maybe two, thinking of trying for tilapia in one system and running rainbow trout in the other system (kinda a cool/warm water system)

hoping to get a permit for tilapia :)

been a while,

planning to set up a aquaponics system, maybe two, thinking of trying for tilapia in one system and running rainbow trout in the other system (kinda a cool/warm water system)

hoping to get a permit for tilapia :)
You need a permit? Where are you again? Can tilapia handle Canadian climates or are you putting the system inside a greenhouse?

You need a permit? Where are you again? Can tilapia handle Canadian climates or are you putting the system inside a greenhouse?
Saskatchewan, and ya we need a permit for tilapia. and it has to be inside a locked building, and we need a fish import permit, they die at like 12C i think. expect for blue.

also blue tilapia is a prohibited species/banned here.

Holy moly.
Are those federal or provincial regulations?
I've toyed with the idea myself. I have heard that tilapia is the best fish for the system. I'll be curious how the trout works out.
ours is provincial, (just last summer tilapia was made legal with a permit before that it was just banned) there are a few hatcheries in Alberta and Ontario, we have to get an import permit and then get them from Alberta.

To all CANNERS. Could I get a recipe for pickles that does NOT require a pressure cooker. I get way more pickle specific cucumbers than I can eat but not enough to do a large batch before the 1st bunch gets old while waiting to get enough for a decent batch. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom