Show me/ tell me abt your micro/mini homestead

I feel like as soon as you plant that garden ...the goat will go east 🤣🤣🤣

I really envisioned free roaming goats before I got them...lock them in their pen at night type of thing.... or a place to be when I am away from the house...

But they are goats...and still kinda skittish....and I am terrified that they will wander off...and not make it back home. 🤷‍♀️ so I've not even attempted this

Yeah they will probably see me going out that way and follow. 😵‍💫

At first I put mine up at night and when they made me mad lol I have left them free for probably 6 months now and they definitely push my buttons but they stay relatively close. I'm lucky my neighbor across the street doesn't mind them in her woods lol

They won't stay off my car and have ruined multiple windshield wipers. :hmm poop on my car

Only my buck likes to be petted. The rest just follow hoping I'm feeding the pigs or dogs so they can steel a bite

Yeah they will probably see me going out that way and follow. 😵‍💫

At first I put mine up at night and when they made me mad lol I have left them free for probably 6 months now and they definitely push my buttons but they stay relatively close. I'm lucky my neighbor across the street doesn't mind them in her woods lol

They won't stay off my car and have ruined multiple windshield wipers. :hmm poop on my car

Only my buck likes to be petted. The rest just follow hoping I'm feeding the pigs or dogs so they can steel a bite
Goats!!! 🤣🤣🤣
I do have to say, you've pointed out something that I had forgotten reading about.

Goats jump on everything!!

Mine are pretty well behaved, and haven't even escaped or tried to that I know of. They seem happy as can be...but I just know that if I were to let them out to roam freely I'd see a different side to these ornery little fluff balls!!

I do love them though!!!

I am excited to give them more room to run and play!!

Goats!!! 🤣🤣🤣
I do have to say, you've pointed out something that I had forgotten reading about.

Mine are pretty well behaved, and haven't even escaped or tried to that I know of. They seem happy as can be...but I just know that if I were to let them out to roam freely I'd see a different side to these ornery little fluff balls!!

I do love them though!!!

The last goat I got was a myotonic. When researching them I found out they don't climb like other goats! So I have one goat who doesn't jump on the car or in with the pigs. I think I'm going to get more myotonic goats, I love there goofy personality. Mine never faints for me because she trusts me but I've seen things scarw here and she falls over so fast 🤣🤣

Goats!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I do love them though!!!

My goat is pretty behaved when it Comes to fencing and jumping, but she's a mess anatomically so she probably just can't physically jump like normal goats do

The last goat I got was a myotonic. When researching them I found out they don't climb like other goats! So I have one goat who doesn't jump on the car or in with the pigs. I think I'm going to get more myotonic goats, I love there goofy personality. Mine never faints for me because she trusts me but I've seen things scarw here and she falls over so fast 🤣🤣
Have you looked into silkied myotonic?

They're on my list I'd like to get when i have my homestead. Not to show, for personal use (meat, hides and maybe fiber) and to sell, they're just so pretty.
The little doe we had was the most precious. She was a bottle baby because her mom was just so eeked out with it being her first pregnancy and we didn't want to risk anything. I wish I would have kept her, she was gorgeous.

My buck makes very pretty babies and idk if it has something to do with him but we had 6 doelings born this year and no bucklings!

The little doe we had was the most precious. She was a bottle baby because her mom was just so eeked out with it being her first pregnancy and we didn't want to risk anything. I wish I would have kept her, she was gorgeous.

My buck makes very pretty babies and idk if it has something to do with him but we had 6 doelings born this year and no bucklings!
Yep, it's his doing that's making all the does. Guess he knows he might be usurped by a son

Back
Top Bottom