Hoop coop related question

I have a 16' cattle panel curved into a trellis. It's about a 3' wide archway. No kinks. No problems. If I laid it flat, it would probabably hold a slight bend or arch, but I would have no problem making it straight if needed.

We used a 8’ truck bed to transport ours. We placed one end in the bottom of the bed against the cab and walked them up to an arch. My husband held them in place while I shut the tailgate. We then ratchet strapped them down in a x patten from cab to back. It worked really well and have done it a couple times since. It didn’t leave any memory or kinks in the panels, not sure how a shorter bed would work though.

Not really coop related but I’m sure someone here has dealt with this.

For anyone who’s gotten the 16 ft cattle/livestock panels, how do you get them home?

I have a truck but it only has a 5’ 8” bed. Can I curl up the panel to fit like an upward facing tube? Are they that flexible with out bending permanently?

I want to use them to make tunnel trellises in my garden. And maybe possibly an extension to my just built run if chicken math takes over this spring.
Yes, I have seen that way of transporting without any problem. Do take rope to tie the ends together and also on the vehicle. Some folks just think "it will ride".

i too am thinking about putting them in an arch in my truck. I have an old ford long bed however so it's more than 4' wide. I would do a strap on the top too just in case.

For anyone who’s gotten the 16 ft cattle/livestock panels, how do you get them home?

I have a truck but it only has a 5’ 8” bed. Can I curl up the panel to fit like an upward facing tube? Are they that flexible with out bending permanently?

I want to use them to make tunnel trellises in my garden. And maybe possibly an extension to my just built run if chicken math takes over this spring.
We just bend them into a "U" shape and strap them in. They straighten out when we remove them.

i did a "U" lengthwise in my truck bed with the arch up to the sky. One tie down going over to hold it from swaying. Had six in there and had no problem

We very easily got them home in the back of the short bed of a truck. Takes 2 people. Stand on either side of the panel. Grab the ends, walk towards each other making a large "U" shape. Lift and slide into the truck bed, curved side against the cab. Place straps through the wire on the panels to tie down. Good to go. We were Able too get as many at 7 in there I believe...

Back
Top Bottom