Hoop coop related question

Curious the diameter they rolled them into, and if they kinked at all.
They were probably around 4 ft across. When I unrolled them they didn’t go right back to flat. They weren’t kinked just curved. My plan was to use them as an archway so I didn’t try to make them completely straight but I think I could have with little effort.

I wish TSC would offer delivery on them. I’d pay a bit just for the expedience of it.

Maybe look into doing a day rental of a full size pick up or a home depot flat truck....
TSC does have a reasonable daily rate to rent a trailer. If neither your truck nor your friend’s truck can tow the trailer, I bet the Home Depot truck can.

Also, I once saw photos on line of somebody securing long 2x4s on top of their mini van, and then loading and securing cattle panels on top of the 2x4s. Not sure if you have access to any vehicle that could carry 2x4s on its roof…

TSC does have a reasonable daily rate to rent a trailer. If neither your truck nor your friend’s truck can tow the trailer, I bet the Home Depot truck can.

Also, I once saw photos on line of somebody securing long 2x4s on top of their mini van, and then loading and securing cattle panels on top of the 2x4s. Not sure if you have access to any vehicle that could carry 2x4s on its roof…
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/transporting-cattle-panel.77942/

Not really coop related but I’m sure someone here has dealt with this.

For anyone who’s gotten the 16 ft cattle/livestock panels, how do you get them home?

I have a truck but it only has a 5’ 8” bed. Can I curl up the panel to fit like an upward facing tube? Are they that flexible with out bending permanently?

I want to use them to make tunnel trellises in my garden. And maybe possibly an extension to my just built run if chicken math takes over this spring.
We have an 8’ bed and curled them in half. It will take a lot of muscle to roll it into a tube. They are quite stiff. We use them for trellises, too.

Last time i bought them, I had a silverado. I just put the ends on each side in the truck bed and tied them down to the ratchet hooks (to keep the ends from popping loose if I hit a bump). Since I planned to make a hoop anyways, I didn't care if they had a bend when I unloaded. That bend actually made it easier to construct my hoop house. As long as you don't have to pass under any bridges, low wires or trees, you should be fine.

edited to add: I only transported 2 panels at a time, I only needed 4 total. It would be difficult to maneuver more than 2 panels in your truck. They get tangled up in each other.

Back
Top Bottom