HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

How did everyone fare with the bad storms yesterday? Here is Adams county, we got about 3/4 of an inch of rain, as well as inch diameter hail, and very strong winds. I know parts of Decatur, Fort Wayne and Van Wert (OH) are without power. We are lucky to still have power and to have everyone safe.

The first one that came through left no rain (well 1/10 but I think it evaporated on contact) and put our power out. The second round gave us a whopping 3/10 inch of rain. But at least it's something. We were lucky to get no hail or very little. I went out to close the chicken coop window and was treated to a lovely light show (that made me hurry up).

Nothing here in the south central part except some high wind for a few minutes. I was almost home when the wind hit and stuff was blowing everywhere. That went on for about 20 minutes. No sign of anything wet!
hit.gif

I've not been getting emails for this thread and thought that it was resting. Finally got one and found several pages of posts that I had never seen.
So, hello, everybody--glad the thread is still active! Stay cool!

We got 90 mile an hour winds in the storm, took a couple tree limbs out but all the buildings are still up. We were one of the lucky ones only lost electric for 3 hours. There are some in town that are still out.

I found one of my white bantam cochin hens (best of breed in her last show!) in my trio dead yesterday. Don't know what to do for them except keep them shaded and hydrated.
Several young ones that I had moved outside are free ranging at a younger age than I would normally allow, but they turn over their water in their pen or pile up on each other, so I'd rather have them with access to the community waterers and more shady spots. My collie Simon keeps a good eye on them and doesn't allow varmints, although he wouldn't be much good if a hawk decided to check out the yard.
Still some in the basement that are old enough to be moved outside, but it's cooler in.

We almost lost my daughters frizzle polish thursday to the heat. I watched her start to head toward the water then fall down so I ran out and brought her in the house .She stayed in the ac till lockup that night. I had fans in the coop with the coop open and misters going and ice cubes in the water several times thursday. Friday brought relief with the storms and it's been not bad heat wise here since. got a little more rain today so about an inch total since friday.My daughter lives in converse and they lost power friday a little after 3pm and didn't get it back on untill sunday morning and she is 8 months pregnant. She said it was horiible with no ac. We never lost power once. So very happy for the rain.

Back
Top Bottom