HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

If you are wanting to buy birds, I'd try to be there around 9-10 am.Saturday

The Gateway Poultry Club official opens on Friday April 13th, 2012 at 6:00pm. Until 9:00pm. Building will reopen at 6:00am. Sat. April 14th.. All birds must be cooped NO LATER THAN 8:45am April 14th, 2012. Birds will be released from the show hall after all exhibitors have verified that all the birds are in there position and all awards have been given

That is so great, I can't wait to meet you and your beautiful birds and everyone else. I am so glad your bringing birds to sell. I will have my 14 year old daughter with me as it's a girl only day . Can't wait to meet everyone :)

I'll be there with my 14yr old daughter, and my oldest daughter (Sebrightmom (she'll be the big fat pregnant one LOL !!)) and her 2 kids.

I'll be there with my 14yr old daughter, and my oldest daughter (Sebrightmom (she'll be the big fat pregnant one LOL !!)) and her 2 kids.

Thanks MOM!
roll.png
I would be hard to miss. I am over 7 months along.

Wow, SebrightMom, you've been busy since last I saw you!
yesss.gif
Looking forward to seeing you and LAMom at Gateway. I'm taking some birds to show and a few to sell--I've sold several of the ones I planned to take to sell in the last couple of weeks.
Going to the Bluegrass show tomorrow, if I get my birds ready, including their P-T paperwork done. I hope the representative from the KY Agriculture Dept. is the one who recognizes me; she doesn't make me show all my forms since I'm a tester.
Also looking forward to meeting the new Hoosier BYCers.

Just save me some or at least some eggs if her and her mom bring hatching eggs . Yes I am looking for some silkie pullets,hens or hatching eggs. My daughter really wants some tolbunt polish.

Hello Fellow Hoosiers!

So, I've been reading through this thread. Here's what I'm looking for. I need a place to take a few birds here and there to sell. Of course, they are healthy, but I don't have them tested or anything. I have listed what I have up for sale on the Classifieds here on BYC, but haven't had much interest.

Would the Gateway show or the Dinky's Auction Center work for what I'm looking for? I have guineas and turkeys that I need to get rid of right now, but we just bought a Sportsman 1502 incubator. So I'm going to be hatching like crazy, and I know I can't keep everything I hatch. I have a neighbor that will be giving me turkey and chicken eggs to hatch.

Unfortunately, when I bought my poults and keets, I was hoping that out of the 5 each I would get at least 2 or 3 females. NOPE!! I got ONE female from each and 4 males. Now, I need to get rid of some of my male guineas and turkeys.

Where is the best place to sell/trade poultry? The only chickens I have right now are White Rocks, but my neighbor has some Easter Eggers, Barred Rock, and a few other randoms that we will be hatching. I may add another breeding flock, but not sure until I see my hatch.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom